What is therapy
from Greek: θεραπεία ("therapeia") - serving, serving, nursing
As therapy is the term used to describe the treatment of a disease in the broadest sense. Various concepts can be used, which aim either to eliminate the cause of the disease (causal therapy) or to eliminate the symptoms (symptomatic therapy). The primary goal of therapy is to restore the patient's normal physical and psychological functions as completely as possible.
The practitioner who performs a therapy is called a therapist.
The most important prerequisite for the effectiveness of a therapy is the correct diagnosis of the disease to be treated.
The term therapy can be schematized on the basis of various concepts. First of all, one can distinguish between:
- General or non-specific therapy: is based on the overall condition of the patient and is aimed at promoting general healing
- special or specific therapy: goes into concrete details of the disease or healing
Further differentiation possibilities arise
3.1 ... according to the goal of the therapy
- Adaptive therapy: adaptation of the therapy to the individual body reactions
- Preventive therapy: disease prevention as a goal
- Supportive therapy: Supports the treatment, e.g. by eliminating accompanying symptoms
- Induction therapy: initial treatment aimed at achieving rapid therapeutic success
- Maintenance therapy: Long-term therapy to ensure the success of the treatment
3.2 ... according to the duration of the therapy
3.3 ... according to the focus of the therapy
3.4 ... according to the number of patients
3.5 ... according to the appropriateness of the therapy
3.6 ... according to the mode of therapy
- Acute therapy: Rapid treatment of a life-threatening health disorder.
- Aggressive therapy: treatment that accepts side effects
- Waiting therapy: Treatment that initially focuses on observing the course of the disease
- Invasive therapy: treatment that enters the body in violation of tissue integrity
- Non-invasive or minimally invasive therapy: Treatment that leaves or protects tissue integrity.
3.7 ... according to the techniques of therapy
3.7.1 Surgical therapy
Surgical therapy is based on targeted manipulation and, if necessary, replacement of defective body structures.
3.7.2 Conservative Therapy
Conservative forms of therapy want to cure the disease without surgery. These include, among other things
3.8 ... according to the therapy algorithm
4 Therapy planning
Complex therapies, which are made up of several individual measures, are laid down in a therapy plan. If they follow a certain, predefined sequence, one also speaks of a therapy scheme. The preferred first treatment option is called first-line therapy. If this treatment fails, second-line therapy is used.
In some cases it can make sense to critically review the necessity of a therapy that has already started. One way to do this is to try to escape.
5 Resistance to Therapy
One speaks of resistance to therapy when a patient's illness responds unsatisfactorily or not at all to the medically indicated treatment, although in normal cases an improvement or cure should have occurred. If the curative treatment options for a disease are exhausted and there are no further sensible treatment options, the patient is referred to as "exhausted". Further treatment is then oriented towards palliative care.
- How do you retain employees
- Does Apple face extinction in the future?
- When will Shanghai be liberated from China?
- Software development company based in the USA
- Which is your favorite illustration book
- Can you tip cleaning ladies in hotels
- Is something wrong with pre-marriage sex
- Did the Prophet Muhammad ever lie?
- Why is the world afraid of China
- We are all victims of life experiences
- What is the easiest job in nursing
- Does God have sex
- What do toddlers do every day
- How can entrepreneurs help the economy
- How economists calculate hyperinflation
- How did the Shang dynasty begin
- What is Google's moonlight policy
- What happened to Esau in the Bible
- Is cheese a good breakfast meal?
- Does God have sex
- What are some mainly cash-based industries
- What was your strangest scariest mountaineering experience
- How can you regain air superiority
- What is the most important human attribute