Is UCL a good university
Tuition fees in the UK
If you are interested in studying at a British university, the tuition fees in Great Britain seem high at first glance. In contrast to others internationally renowned universities, but you can study in the UK relatively cheaply.
Tuition fees in the UK seem high at first, but funding is available.
There is a whole range of financial aids available to students from Germany. If you are planning a complete course of study in the British Isles, you do not have to expect significantly increasing costs in the further course, as the Tuition fees are capped by law are.
Tuition fees in comparison
The four countries, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have been managing the finances of their universities themselves since 1998. This is also reflected in the sometimes very different tuition fees. The amount of tuition fees to study in the UK starts at £ 1,820 and goes up to £ 30,000. On average, it does not matter whether the degree is completed at a state university or a state college.
How much are the tuition fees at UK universities depends on several factors:
- The Study program: Depending on whether it is a bachelor's or master's degree, the tuition fees in the UK vary widely.
- The Subject: For example, whether in London or in the rest of Great Britain, the tuition fees for medical studies in Great Britain are significantly more expensive than in Germany. The costs also depend on whether you are studying full-time or part-time.
- The Place of study: There is a striking difference across the UK in terms of not just tuition fees, but also the cost of living. For a university or college in London, students pay more on average than other UK universities.
- Private or state: It is usually more expensive to study at a private university or college in the UK.
Ranking check: top English universities at a low price
It is well known that the university landscape in Great Britain is part of itsome of the world's most prestigious colleges. That has its price. As one would expect, the five most expensive universities in England include the University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford. A bachelor's degree there costs around £ 27,750 per year.
However, among the renowned universities in England there are a few real "bargains": Including the University of Birmingham. The university is one of the 24 best universities in Great Britain that have come together to form the Russell Group. The University of Birmingham was only dated 2013-14 Times University Guide to University of the Year chosen. Despite its high reputation, undergraduate students there only have to budget around £ 13,500 per year for their studies.
Another university that offers German students an excellent academic education for comparatively little money is Newcastle University. The university is also part of the renowned Russell Group and is one of the leading universities worldwide. According to the Guardian University Guide 2015, it is also one of the top 20 British universities whose graduates start their careers particularly quickly after graduation.
How expensive is a bachelor's degree in the UK?
The UK has the largest number of undergraduate students enrolling. All students whose home country is an EU member state enjoy many advantages in terms of tuition fees for a bachelor's degree in the UK.
At all state universities, the so-called Home students UK and EU students have lower tuition fees than international students from other countries. This distinction does not exist at private colleges and universities. The fees are the same for all students.
Since 2012, bachelor students from Great Britain, the so-called Home students and students from the EU, the following tuition fees per year on average:
- England: between £ 6000 until at most £ 9250
- Wales: between£ 6000 at most £ 9000
- Northern Ireland: up to an upper limit of £ 4160
- Scotland: The Scottish Government has paid tuition fees £1,820 fixed. The Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) covers these tuition fees for qualified Scottish students as well as EU students.
Cost of a Masters in the UK
The tuition fees for master’s students are slightly higher. At state universities, the tuition fees are for a Postgraduate studies throughout the UK between £ 6,482 and £ 17,247. German students at state universities also pay lower tuition fees than international students for a master's degree at a British university.
A Masters degree in Great Britain pays off for students from Germany for another reason: Due to the tightly organized study system in the UK, Masters students in Great Britain complete their studies faster. A Master degrees in the UK usually only last one year.
The amount of the tuition fees depends primarily on the respective study program.
Is an MBA in England worthwhile?
MBA programs are among the most expensive dual-degree options in the world. Just that Financial and economic metropolis of London offers a unique learning environment for prospective MBA students. An MBA in the UK promises a high quality academic education and multiple insights into leading global business enterprises.
For the amount of the tuition fees for an MBA program, however, the location of the university is not the only decisive factor. The respective Business schools differ in price depending on the focus and international networking.
|MBA programs at business schools in London||Tuition fees per year|
|Middlesex University||from £ 16,500|
|University of Roehampton||£ 13.500|
What are the tuition fees to study LLM in the UK?
LLM students are particularly drawn to prestigious universities in the British Isles. The academic training is correspondingly expensive, but significantly cheaper in an international comparison. Tuition fees are in for an LLM program starting in the UK from £ 6000. Even at elite universities, studying at around £ 15,000 is not significantly more expensive.
With an LLM degree at a renowned university in Great Britain, law students can even save properly. The admission requirements for very good German students for an LLM degree at an outstandingly ranked university are also good.
Easy to finance: a semester abroad in the UK
Another attractive alternative for German students is a semester or two abroad in Great Britain. The average tuition fee is between £ 3750 and £ 5850.
As participants in the Study Abroad programs, German students benefit even more from the financing options for a stay abroad in Great Britain during a semester abroad. The diverse financing options include BAföG abroad, scholarships such as those from DAAD, PROMOS, College Contact and student loans.
The fees at UK universities for a semester abroad are based on the length of the respective semester period. In addition, the fees in the undergraduate and graduate areas can differ significantly.
|University||Semester period||Tuition fees per semester|
|University of Bristol||Spring Term: late January - early June|
Autumn Term: late September - late January
|University of Essex||Spring + Summer Term: mid-January - end of June|
Autumn Term: early October - mid December
|£ 4250 and £ 5000 respectively|
|Regent’s University||Spring Term: late January - mid|
May Autumn Term: mid September - mid December
|GBP 7675 (UG) or GBP 8250 (PG)|
Further costs for studying in the UK
When studying abroad in England, Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland, there are additional costs for the respective university in addition to the tuition fees.
- For certain study programs you can also Additional program costs to be added. If an exam is not passed, some universities also issue a Re-examination fee due.
- German students in Great Britain receive medical care from the British state health insurance. However, with that not all statutory health insurance benefits are coveredwhy a foreign health insurance is worthwhile.
- Book costs: Depending on the subject, book costs can also put a strain on the student wallet while studying abroad in Great Britain. On average, British students give per semester £ 200 for books out. Usually used books can be bought cheaply on campus.
- What are foreigners doing in Hong Kong
- Who called Australia
- What happened to Noah's son Ham
- What was the former name of Iraq
- What rappers are gangster disciples
- People in India eat snakes
- Is the Caspian Sea really a lake?
- Would you wear dark blue leggings
- What's your rating of UMBC
- Why do people pursue a failing relationship
- What does China export and to whom
- Where do the Scandinavians come from?
- How is Holi celebrated in other countries
- What ethnic background is Elvis Presley
- What made you happy today
- What is the function of a coenzyme
- How do couples begin relationships
- Traffic jams are inevitable in large cities
- Are Black Butler Filler episodes worth watching
- Why shouldn't we boycott Chinese products?
- How can I start my oil industry
- Will the Indian economy outperform China?
- Smells healthy women's feet
- Is masturbation good for children