Why is Colombia so backward
prior noticeMarket info and business opportunities: Urban Technologies and Environmental Technologies in Colombia
- AUSSENWIRTSCHAFT AUSTRIA
Get an overview of current business opportunities in urban and environmental technologies in Colombia. We also give you practical tips for entering and cultivating the market.
Where? Online - conveniently in front of your PC / tablet / smartphone
Further information follows!
Market info Colombia:
About 80% of the population of Colombia lives in urban areas. Around a quarter of the 48 million inhabitants are distributed among the 4 largest cities, namely Bogotá (7.4 million), Medellín (2.4 million), Cali (2.2 million) and Barranquilla (1st district) , 2 million). Another 15 cities have population numbers between 300,000 and 950,000. Important aspects for the future development of Colombian cities are mobility, security, education, health care, public administration, urban planning, sustainability and the environment. Social inclusion, poverty reduction, competitiveness and economic development also play an essential role. These factors are to be improved with the help of digitization, innovation, expansion of the transport infrastructure, urban development projects and smart city initiatives.
Colombia has a lot of catching up to do in environmental technology. Currently, only about a third of the wastewater is treated, the rest flows untreated into rivers or the open sea. The water supply is also lagging behind, particularly in rural regions: only 73% of the rural population have access to running water and only 70% to the sewer system, 58% of the rural population do not receive water that is suitable for human consumption. The government is therefore investing in the expansion of the water supply, sewer system and sewage treatment plants. Another focal point in Colombia's development is waste management. Around 28,800 tons of waste are produced every day. Over 10,000 tons of it come from the major cities of Bogotá, Cali, Medellín and Barranquilla. Around 60% of household waste is organic, 20% cannot be reused and 20% is recyclable (plastic, glass, metal, etc.). However, it is estimated that only around 7% of household waste is recycled, the remaining 93% ends up unsorted in landfills.
Use this webinar as preparation for your participation in the Austria Showcase on urban and environmental technologies in Colombia in May!
The event takes place as part of the go-international internationalization initiative, a joint initiative of the Federal Ministry for Digitization and Business Location and the Austrian Chamber of Commerce.
Do you have anymore questions?
Foreign Trade Center Bogota
Contact person: Mag. Hans-Jörg Hörtnagl
T +57 1 317 5414
You might also be interested in
- PayPal is a digital wallet
- Am I half Irish or half British
- Have a monthly budget
- What are some delicious leafy vegetables
- What Are Some Simple Remedies For Stuttering
- What is argot in sociolinguistics
- What is the future of market research
- Which caffeinated teas are the best substitutes for coffee?
- How do I change the body odor
- How Parents Can Prevent Teenage Pregnancy
- Need server
- Which wealth is the most important
- UBI creates inflation
- Should I get a teacup dog
- Is a survey with one question statistically valid?
- What do the Iranians think of Chechens?
- What is it like to go through therapy
- Do you have plastic money
- Why do the palms and feet sweat excessively?
- Like boys big thighs
- Generation X has been forgotten
- What is a pillar of jacket
- Why does sad music make you emotional
- What does weak old man mean?