Larry King is Jewish
At the age of 87 : Talk host Larry King has died
The American talk show host Larry King is dead. King died at the age of 87, the news channel CNN reported on Saturday, citing his son.
The news was also announced on the moderator's Twitter profile. "In deep sadness, Ora Media announces the death of our co-founder, talk show host and friend," reads a message from the TV company that King co-founded in 2012. The presenter died on Saturday morning in a hospital in Los Angeles. Details of the funeral and memorial service would be communicated at a later date.
The cause of death was initially not disclosed. At the beginning of January it became known that King had been infected with the coronavirus and was in hospital with Covid-19 disease. Initially, nothing was known about the severity of his illness.
King was best known for his show "Larry King Live", which ran from 1985 to 2010 on CNN. His almost always the same outfit with horn-rimmed glasses, shirt and suspenders became his trademark. In the program, the award-winning journalist interviewed Hollywood stars, athletes, top managers and top politicians, including the Russian Kremlin boss Vladimir Putin and US presidents from Gerald Ford to Barack Obama.
King's interview style was notorious and is often copied on American late night to this day: King asked celebrities the supposedly simple questions that would interest people on the street. Soon after its launch in 1985, the show became a figurehead for CNN. It stayed on the air for 25 years, every weekday at 9 p.m.
Born in New York in 1933, King had been married several times and had five children, two of whom died before him. (Tsp, dpa)
- Which countries need SAT for studies
- Git is hard to learn
- Investments in India are taxed
- How do you deal with depression after the breakup
- Is China or Russia more dangerous
- What was a moment your heart broke
- How do you get mud stains out
- How much does web scraping cost
- Is your life more important than you
- Does DBS really end
- What temperature is necessary to kill fleas?
- Did the ancient Chinese move
- Irish travelers are of Celtic origin
- What is a private investment in public equity
- Is there a translator for Brazilian Portuguese
- Why do people still hate America
- Which is the cheapest carpooling service
- Would you marry a handicapped partner
- It is worth buying the iPhone SE
- Which word has the most interesting etymology
- My life sucks
- Who is the sexiest woman living today
- How can I manipulate my friends
- Software development company based in the USA