Why do we bother each other sometimes at all
Advice - Sleeping with TV and radio on - a problem?
Sleeping with the TV and radio on - a problem?
I (m, 62) regularly fall asleep in front of the television and only go to bed when I wake up. And in the morning I sometimes go to sleep while the clock radio is still on. I actually feel rested in the morning. Does the TV / radio irrigation in sleep still have negative effects in the long run?
Watching TV can be a wonderful sleep aid. Many know the calming effect of watching TV after work. During the day we run at full speed, we are challenged and in constant tension.
In the evening we can finally relax. Nobody expects anything from us anymore. If anything, we're just getting in our own way.
You fall into sleep mode on the sofa
Television can help to create distance from one's own thoughts, demands and worries. Since we usually sit quietly on the sofa or sometimes lie down, the muscles also relax. Mental and physical rest are the best prerequisites for the body to switch to sleep mode.
If we fall asleep in front of the television without wanting to, however, it can make it difficult to fall asleep again in bed after waking up on the sofa. Sleeping before bed or before actually going to bed reduces the sleep pressure that we have built up during the day. If the sleep pressure is not high enough, we only fall asleep with a delay, and longer periods of waking at night can result, which ultimately shorten the sleep time.
A running television can also be a source of light and sound and thus impair the quality of sleep. In addition, falling asleep unintentionally in front of the television can be a sign of reduced sleep quality due to, for example, nocturnal breathing pauses (sleep apnea syndrome). Regular unintentional falling asleep outside of bedtime should therefore be clarified.
Are you looking for advice?
Write to: Counselor «Luzerner Zeitung», Maihofstrasse 76, 6002 Lucerne. Email: [email protected] Please include your subscription pass number with your request.
Cell phones, tablets and laptops can also be a nuisance
Caution is also advised with cell phones, tablets and laptops, which are also used to watch TV and movies. The higher proportion of blue light can suppress the release of melatonin and delay falling asleep. This can reduce the overall sleep time and result in a lack of sleep, which manifests itself, among other things, in the form of daytime sleepiness and a restricted daytime well-being.
It's best to sleep until the alarm goes off
There is nothing wrong with listening to the radio in the morning while you sleep. For reasons of sleep hygiene, however, it is still advisable to only listen to the radio after getting up and actually use the time until the alarm goes off to sleep. This will save you valuable sleep time.
If the sleeper suffers from unwanted early waking, there are effective treatment options. Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnias (difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep) can be approached on an outpatient basis or, in the case of a chronic course, inpatient.
* Federally recognized psychotherapist and somnologist, Seeklinik Brunnen, www.seeklinik-brunnen.ch
- How many countries ruled Indonesia?
- How can I stop smelling urine all over the place?
- What do Nigerians love about Nigeria
- How much did it cost to build Singapore Airport
- What percentage of Indians pay income tax?
- Is there a best video production company out there
- Which US state is the best
- What is language
- Can you smell air
- Why don't Chinese restaurants serve potatoes
- What are true signs of wealth
- How do fear and fear feel?
- How to convert to Wicca
- What are some ancient Egyptian animal breeds
- How is life in Kyrgyzstan
- What is a postdoctoral fellow
- Why are Nigerians so smart and intelligent
- What does resilient mean?
- How many people use zhihu
- How popular are left parties in Iran
- What is a vacation request
- Which is the best nut for digestion
- What does Scott mean in stamp collecting
- What are the causes of cancer 3
- What does continental cuisine mean
- What kind of skill makes us human
- What is the best choice in 2020
- Why should people know about politics?
- Startups should invest in developing Android apps
- How are Christians treated in India
- Where is the largest pyramid
- What is unnatural inflation
- Why is IU not so famous anymore