What Ghanaian food is rich in iron
The baobab powder can also be mixed in proportions of up to 10 percent in cake and pastry dough to increase their fiber content and health value. Or you can stir it into yogurts, soups, smoothies or dressings. The powder is even used to refine desserts.
Important: When buying baobab, make sure that the powder has been heat treated. This would have resulted in a loss of vital substances. Therefore, the powder should not be stirred into boiling water. Do not add it to warm dishes until they have cooled down a little.
Delicious and healthy recipes with baobab fruit powder
We wish you bon appetite with the following baobab recipes:
Baobab mango smoothie
For 4 people
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ripe mango
- 300 g ripe pineapple
- 200 ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp baobab powder
- Ginger, cinnamon or cardamom to round it off
Put all ingredients in a blender and puree for 1 minute. Add a little more ginger, cinnamon or cardamom if you like. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Maple syrup mustard dressing with baobab
For 4 people
- 3 tbsp baobab fruit powder
- 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- Chili powder
Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir to a creamy salad dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If you like, you can refine the dressing with a little chili powder.
Baobab date muesli with fresh raspberries
For 1 person
- 1 tbsp baobab fruit powder
- 25 g of oatmeal
- 30 g dates, cut into small pieces
- 100 ml of hot water
- 1 small handful of dried mulberries
- 1 handful of fresh raspberries
Mix the fruit powder, oat flakes, dates and mulberries together well. Then pour the hot water over it and let the muesli soak in the refrigerator for a few hours, preferably overnight. Just before serving, add the fresh raspberries.
Baobab ginger soup
For 2 people
- 1 liter of water
- 50 g ginger
- 1-2 tbsp baobab fruit powder
- 1 bunch of soup greens
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp oat cream or white almond butter
Put the water, vegetables and vegetable stock in the saucepan. Let everything cook until the vegetables have softened. Mix the soup with the hand blender until smooth. Stir in soy yogurt just before serving. The soup also tastes delicious cold.
The baobab powder can also be sprinkled over freshly cooked porridge, fresh fruit, compote or over a salad.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Vitamine-ratgeber.com "Baobab's OPC can improve glucose tolerance" 04/30/2015
- Fda.gov "Gras Notices" 04/30/2015
- S. Coe and L. Ryan, "Kalzium: nol content andin vitrobioaccessibility of six baobab fruit extracts", Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 2012, (Polyphenol content and in vitro bioavailability of six baobab fruit extracts)
- Aida Cuni Sanchez, "The baobab tree in Malawi", Fruits vol. 66, 2011, (The baobab tree in Malawi.)
- Ryan, L., et al., "The polyphenol-rich baobab fruit (Adansonia digitata L.) reduces starch digestion and glycemic response in humans", Nutrition Research Volume 33, November 11, 2013, (The polyphenol-rich baobab fruit reduces the Starch digestion and the glycemic index in humans)
- Roger Blench, "The intertwined history of the silk cotton and baobab," In: Fields of change. Progress in African archaeobotany, 2007, (The intertwined history of silk, cotton and baobab)
- Dipl.-Ing. agr. M.Sc. (Agr.) Jens Gebauer, "kophysiology and possible uses of the wild fruit varieties Adansonia digitata and Tamarindus indica in Sudan", dissertation, April 2003.
- Chantal. P. Thomson, "The Myth of the Garden of Eden and the Symbolism of the Baobab Tree in West African Literature", In: Kamal Salhi: Francophone post-colonial cultures: critical essays, 2003, (Der Mythos vom Garten Eden und die Symbolik des Baobab tree in West African literature)
- Stefano Manfredini, "The Health Properties of Baobab (Adansonia Digitata)," University of Ferrara, September 6, 2002, (The Health Benefits of Baobab (Adansonia Digitata))
- Tal-Dia A. et al., "A baobab solution for the prevention and treatment of actue dehydration in infantile diarrhea", Dakar Medical, 42 (1): 68-73, 1997, (Baobab as a means of preventing and treating acute dehydration in childish diarrhea)
- Ehrenberger D., "Baobab", LEBE: 12-13, 2009.
- Ramadan A et al., "Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects of fruit pulp of Andansonia digitata", Fitoterapia Volume LXV, No.5, 1994, (The anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects of the pulp of Andansonia digitata)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Where's the best coffee in Perth
- What percentage of Cubans practice Santeria
- How does a beginner learn OpenCV
- How big are Fortnite updates
- How does moisture affect sweating?
- How is Hong Kong
- Can nationalism and globalization coexist
- What kind of snacks does Donald Trump eat
- How old is the Koran
- What are the benefits of being a Japanese citizen
- Why do you teach a profession
- Australians feel excluded
- Which year had the lowest birth rates
- May Colombians like the current president
- Can cut GlowForge records
- Devout Christians have sex before marriage
- How many users does Paper Li
- What are some internships for chemical engineers
- What are some Romanian surnames
- How much is 1 US in Jamaica
- Could Harvey Weinstein ever redeem himself?
- What is the best indonesian dessert
- Makes General Motors Audi cars
- Is there a sunrise check in hotels