What can a software developer do
In software engineering, software systems are developed and manufactured. In order to put these into operation, data structures have to be organized and modeled.
Software development - definition
Software developers create the software in a defined development process. This includes the phases:
Validation and verification,
Software introduction and
Depending on how the development process is organized, many professions find their tasks here. In addition to programmers and developers, data scientists, software architects, mobile developers, DevOps developers or Scrum masters can also be involved. Mobile developers develop applications that run on mobile devices (smartphones, tablets).
Software developer - job profiles
There is no such thing as one software developer - behind this job title are the professions of programmer, front-end developer, back-end developer or full-stack web developer. Web developers design and maintain websites for their customers - you can read more about this here.
Starting a career is usually easier in the front end than in the back end. The advantage of this job is that you can see the result of the programming work immediately. Studying computer science is the direct route to this job description, but lateral entry is not uncommon in the industry.
Backend developers program applications in their functional logic. The so-called backend are all applications behind the surface. The software communicates the data with the clients, for which the developer provides an interface, the API. These are the visible front-end applications. The developers therefore integrate data sources and external services or provide them. If the servers are not located in the company but are outsourced in a cloud, one speaks of a serverless concept.
Backend developers usually have a command of several programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby or C ++ and must also be familiar with databases. They should also be familiar with various Internet protocols and how they work. Due to the high requirement profile, backend developers are in great demand and therefore better paid than frontend developers, for example. A completed degree and experience with programming languages are prerequisites for a job in the backend.
Full stack developer
Fullstack developers combine the skills of backend and frontend developers, but are also able to take on the tasks of system administrators, data scientists and machine learning developers. They often mediate between the backend and the frontend. Your frameworks include Express.js, Django, Ruby on Rails or Spring. Since they have know-how in many fields of activity, they do not have as in-depth knowledge as pure backend or frontend developers. In addition, the individual activities are constantly changing.
Her tasks include building databases, developing APIs and microservices, implementing and testing software, developing applications and checking codes. They should also have a good knowledge of data security.
A degree in computer science or training as an IT specialist are ideal prerequisites in the job market. Full stack developers can work in all areas of software development and are accordingly in demand on the job market. Especially in smaller companies, backend and frontend development are often done by the same person.
This professional field is relatively young and growing rapidly, which is why we are always looking for young talents.
Software development - salary prospects
As a full stack developer, you can earn 57,000 euros a year on behalf of COMPUTERWOCHE, according to the current salary analysis by gehalt.de.
According to a current salary analysis by Honeypot, the average salary for developers in Germany rose by 26 percent between 2016 and 2020, from around 50,000 to 63,000 euros. Developers (zero to six years of experience) also receive an average of six percent higher salary than they requested.
Also read:German software developers are top earners - developer salaries in a European comparison
- Which saree is suitable for fat women
- What was the former name of Iraq
- What is used to produce artificial rain
- What do you love in the UK
- Can I start producing music when I am 30?
- When do girls get horny?
- How is Islam NOT a religion
- Why do so many guys like me
- What do you know about spirit
- Which countries export oil
- People respect the security guards
- What are the whitest countries in Europe
- After menopause, the ovaries produce estrogen
- Can a single man get Canadian PR?
- Why do married women like young men
- What meat can Muslims eat?
- How is chorizo made
- What makes a company name profitable
- Is there corruption in Singapore's politics?
- How can I define loneliness
- How will younger generations create wealth
- It always rains after snow
- Uses Elon Musk Adderall
- How Americanized are you
- Depression can lead to forgetfulness
- What kind of young people are you doing
- What does consumption mean
- What is it like to date a supermodel?
- What are the merits of indirect taxes
- Who is bigger Trump or Obama
- What is your favorite bra size?
- What happened to Itachi Uchiha's left hand
- The Shopify store really makes money
- How common is claustrophobia