What is waste examples
The five levels of the garbage pyramid
Use waste - conserve resources
The previously applicable three-step principle (avoidance, recovery, disposal) is being replaced by the new five-step waste hierarchy. After that, the top priority - and thus the first choice if possible - is still avoidance, now followed by preparation for reuse, recycling, other, for example energetic recovery and, as before, disposal.
Graphic: The new waste pyramid
Waste should be avoided in the first place. For example, by only buying food that is eaten or by using reusable instead of disposable bottles.
If waste cannot be avoided, it should be reused. For example, by repairing defective devices that have been returned to the recyclable material trade and then reusing them.
If waste cannot be avoided or reused, it must be recycled. Handkerchiefs or printer paper made from old paper, glass containers made from old glass and new plastic reusable bottles made from reusable plastic bottles that are no longer usable are examples of this.
It is important to throw waste in the right bin. This is the only way that recycling can be successful.
If waste cannot be avoided, reused or recycled, it can make sense to incinerate it in order to use the thermal energy released in the process, for example for the production of district heating (energy recovery). Another form is recycling.
Only if waste cannot be avoided, reused or recycled, may it be disposed of - for example by storing it in a landfill. That is what is known as residual waste.
Avoid and recycle waste in Germany
How much waste do we produce in Germany every year? What happens to this waste? And how and what can we recycle? Our article provides you with the answers and also explains why the manufacturers of products in particular are responsible for waste.read more
Where does the paper come from?
Do you know how many exercise books or college blocks you fill with creative essays and tricky math problems each year? You can count how often you or your parents have to buy new exercise books and pads.read more
Cell phone recycling
Perhaps you know this from your parents, your older siblings or from yourself: Cell phones that no longer work often disappear in one of the many drawers at home, perhaps because a new cell phone has already been bought or because they are simply broken.read more
- How often should you replace your furniture
- When should a person retire
- Can fleas survive carpet cleaning
- What kind of food can you cook
- All people have fetishes
- What Myers Briggs guy is Barack Obama is
- Understand Chinese English
- What is American cheese in other countries
- Chinese people eat centipedes
- Have breakfast every morning
- Why doesn't everyone dream big
- How is money destroyed
- What is congratulations in the Tagalog language
- How do you find something interesting
- Is your child obsessed with playing Fortnite?
- Buddhism preaches gender differences
- How do Portuguese see Americans
- How would you develop a medieval economy
- What is the difference between teenagers and teenagers
- What is the ugliest building in Istanbul
- Cracks asphalt easily
- In what language do deaf people dream
- What do you love most
- How do I impress a Scottish person