Why should we have a drink while standing?
How much should you drink a day?
Sufficient drinking is essential and an important prerequisite for well-being and high performance. The reason: Our body consists of almost two thirds of water. Water has many and important functions in the body, such as: B:
- Means of transport for nutrients
- Metabolic end products are excreted through the kidneys with the help of water
- necessary for a constant body temperature (sweating protects against overheating of the body)
Because our body is constantly losing water through the kidneys, lungs and skin, we have to top it up regularly.
Regular hydration is therefore essential. If you don't drink enough during the day, the body regulates the need by feeling thirsty. Thirst arises when the body has lost more than 0.5% of its weight in the form of water. And: those who drink enough can think better and concentrate better.
Consequences of dehydration
Insufficient fluid intake has serious effects on our body:
- first symptoms may be dry skin and mucous membranes (e.g. chapped lips, dry mouth)
- Fatigue and poor concentration
- a headache
- limited physical performance
- Confusion (in the elderly)
- Constipation (constipation)
- Tendency to urinary tract infections
After just a few days, it can lead to serious health problems, such as circulatory and kidney failure.
The right amount to drink
The German Nutrition Society recommends drinking around 1.5 liters per day, but the body needs more on hot days and when exercising: Depending on the activity, the fluid requirement can increase three to four times. Overall, the amount of 1.5 liters is only a guide, because the need also depends on the body size. The more surface a body has, the more water can be released through the skin. However, adults should not drink less than 1.0 liter of water per day.
Drink water regularly
At the latest when you feel thirsty, you should act and have a drink, preferably tap water. Instead of drinking 1.5 liters of water in the shortest possible time, the amount should be spread over the day. An even fluid intake prevents headaches, dizziness and circulatory problems. This is particularly important on hot days, during physically active activities or sports. You can find tips on ideal drinks on hot days here.
Recommended thirst quenchers
Recommended thirst quenchers should be calorie-free. This means tap water, mineral water, fruit and herbal teas. Calorie-free soft drinks also contain few calories, but often sweeteners and flavorings. If these drinks are drunk regularly, the taste buds get used to the sweetness, which increases the general preference for sweet things.
How much coffee and tea can you tolerate?
Coffee and black tea are luxury foods, but can be added to the fluid balance if they are prepared without sugar. However, they contain stimulants such as caffeine and theophylline. You can still enjoy around three to four cups a day without any problems.
- What is marital rape
- What is the full form of the MEP
- Why do starving people keep having babies?
- What are headlines in a newspaper
- Is death like falling asleep
- Why is Brazil considered an undeveloped country
- Eat penguins people
- Are there call boys in Delhi
- Food Blogging Helps You Make Money
- How culturally diverse are Palestinians
- Are poles real
- Has made you religious in science
- What information should I leave a babysitter?
- Why are Canadians viewed as weird
- What do you think about your life
- What is the future of Generation Z.
- What are the most popular foods in Argentina
- Does Australia need a wage increase
- Why are the Social Justice Warriors losing
- What does an international lawyer do
- What is the math behind overbooking
- What role do programmers play
- Belgium becomes Islamic
- Can novice programmers write clean code