Has Amazon India Fire employees
10 safety and health facts
The same applies to security in the Amazon logistics centers as in football: "Both are only good if they look easy," smiles Alexander Weihing. As Senior Manager WHS (W.orkplace, Health, S.safety) he is responsible for the implementation of the safety standards in six of 12 German logistics centers: from the northernmost Amazon location in Winsen / Luhe via Brieselang, Leipzig and Bad Hersfeld to Frankenthal in Rhineland-Palatinate.
The final preparations for Prime Day (July 15 + 16, 2019) are underway in the logistics centers: the warehouses are full, the employees are ready to get customer requests off the ground. When it comes to safety, too, everything goes as planned: “Our safety standards are generally of a high level, so it hardly matters whether we have Prime Day, Christmas time or simply a normal day of ordering. Safety has the highest priority in our logistics centers and is important every day, ”says Alexander.
Safety has the highest priority in our logistics centers and is important every day.”
A multi-level safety program applies to continuous occupational safety. "We rely on a learning system in which our employees themselves play the most important role," explains Alexander. “This means that every employee is actively involved in occupational safety and can give suggestions for improvement or report feedback on possible danger spots. It's about learning from mistakes. "
The WHS teams work closely with the health managers at the respective locations. Nicole Roelvink-Hamann heads health management in Germany at Amazon: “Our health management is based on two pillars: On the one hand, prevention in the workplace, with which we create a healthy and safe working environment. On the other hand, on health offers for employees. We want to strengthen health awareness and provide assistance for a healthy lifestyle. "
Safety and Health Facts on Amazon:
1. Occupational safety in every logistics center
Our logistics network includes different types of buildings and, in some cases, different technology. That is why we adapt the occupational safety measures to the respective requirements. The WHS teams take care of the implementation on site. They each consist of a manager, WHS specialists and coordinators. The teams are also supported by shipping staff trained as security officers.
2. Prevent with "Safety Saves"
Our employees can use “Safety Saves” to make suggestions for improvement or point out danger spots. This is how we can prevent risks in the workplace. The respective superiors followed up around 19,200 safety saves in the German locations with the support of the WHS teams in 2018.
3. Occupational safety at a glance: on Prime Day and every day
Security is teamwork and concerns everyone: At Amazon, it's not just the security experts who check implementation. In daily tours, the managers also check whether the work environment is safe and take direct feedback from colleagues at the workstations. 44,000 safety inspections by superiors alone were carried out in the past year to ensure occupational safety for employees.
4. Safety training from day one
Our employees receive continuous safety training. This starts from your first day at Amazon with an intensive training of several hours and continues with further part-time training. In robotics areas, occupational safety is even more intensive: four days and 32 hours of safety training and six tests lie behind every employee who works with transport robots. Managers are also given extensive training: A new, standardized 3-stage training program has been in place for them since the beginning of 2019.
5. High tech for security
Employees who enter a robotics field wear so-called SRBRS vests (Short Range Broadcast RF System). If a transport robot comes near you, its speed slows down from a radius of 10 meters. From a radius of 5 meters, it stops completely. In addition, employees can use the Fire Tablet to activate the routes they have planned.
6. Health programs for all locations
All logistics centers have their own health managers who work with works councils, company doctors, health insurance companies and experts to implement measures for the individual locations.
7. 12,000 x health that matters
Last year, 12,000 employees took part in health campaigns in the logistics centers: from health days, occupational therapy advice, yoga courses and back training to information events.
8. State-of-the-art technology in logistics
We use the most modern technology to support the work for our employees and to improve the service for customers: By using transport robots and conveyor systems, we reduce e.g. B. the walkways. Technical aids such as vacuum lifters or scissor lift trucks make lifting or bending easier. Palletizing robots stack heavy containers for our employees.
Prime Day Logistics Countdown 7: Prime Day can come. The team from the Bochum distribution center brings the parcels to the customer on Prime Day and then on the last mile. # primeday2019pic.twitter.com / ZbeCnZMNuT- Amazon News DE (@AmazonNewsDE) July 8, 2019
9. 85 tons of fruit for employees
Drinks (water, tea, coffee) are free of charge for Amazon employees. There are free fruit days every week. Around 85 tons of apples, bananas and seasonal fruit were distributed in the logistics centers in 2018. On Prime Day and other busy days, things can be less nutritionally conscious: with sweet snacks or ice cream to our employees as a small thank you.
10. Hot Prime Day Deals, but cool climate
Even with hot Prime Day deals and summer temperatures, our employees can keep a cool head. The Amazon logistics centers are air-conditioned.
- Is peer-to-peer insurance feasible
- Why don't street vendors buy stores
- What do you call a company
- Is Donald Trump anti-Semitic
- What are traditional Hawaiian dessert recipes
- What is Singapore's Smart City Initiative
- Why am I afraid to be myself?
- How do babies know their mother's smell?
- What was the IQ of Prophet Muhammad
- What is work on the Sabbath
- Why can't I sit up straight
- Why don't the British feel European?
- How worthwhile is an offshore bank account
- What are some TV series like Californication
- Are Republicans against globalization
- Bigsop com is a fake company
- Why do cats smell your feet
- Are you a Ugandan living in Nigeria
- What do teachers do at lunch
- Are the Chinese particularly pragmatic?
- How can I stop physical punishment?
- How does the concept of the economy work
- Does fish oil have vitamin E.
- Is peer-to-peer insurance feasible
- When did brahmins stop eating beef?
- Arabs have African ancestry
- What is the best alternative to Grindr
- Can I use native languages in Quora
- Is Michelle Chen Taiwanese
- Why everyone hates working for Walmart
- What did Machu Picchu look like originally
- Name some of the fast growing startups in Singapore
- Why is Generation Z so depressed
- Why do parents have fewer children?