What do liberals think of these children
What is Liberalism?
Liberalism is a term that was coined in the early 19th century. "Liberal" comes from the Latin "liber", which means "free".
The terms today and then are to be understood differently
If we are from today liberalism speak, we often speak of it in connection with economic issues. Liberals today believe that the state should interfere as little as possible in the economy. This is then called "economic liberalism". At the same time, they believe that the market will regulate certain developments. It is best for the state to hold back and not intervene or even regulate. Problems arise when the market fails to undo the differences between those who own a lot and those who own little. Then some get more and more and others less and less. The market can actually regulate some things, but also not many things.
We speak of "political liberalism"
In the 19th century, the liberals also called for freedom, but with a view to political conditions. They wanted people to have more say and to live by the same laws. They wanted a unified German state that hadn't even existed at the beginning of the 19th century.
The liberals demanded the observance of human rights, freedom of expression, freedom of the press and the equality of all people before the law. As with economic liberalism, the emphasis here was on human freedom, but it is understood somewhat differently today.
John Locke as an important founder of liberalism
One of the most important founders of liberalism was John Locke (1632-1702), who at the end of the 17th century demanded that freedom, life and property should be indispensable rights of every citizen. These rights also had to be protected from the state. You can learn a lot more about John Locke in another article.
- Company secretaries are in demand
- What makes Nigerians different
- Who wrote the first Bible
- What makes a person confident
- Which Australian companies are hiring Linux developers
- What is the worst area of thailand
- What is sales outsourcing
- Have you ever suffered a sad cause
- What do the Poles think of the Ukrainians?
- Why do countries have debts
- Is French ancestry common among African Americans
- Is a mobile cafe in Singapore doable
- Why can't Indians stop buying Chinese products?
- How should my LLC be taxed
- What is the future of information technology
- Why are Canadians viewed as weird
- Is a college major harder than engineering
- What made you feel confident
- Why TCS is releasing 30,000 employees
- Is an inferiority complex a mental illness
- How do you compensate your employees
- What makes you weak
- Accents are important when speaking
- Have you ever been in trouble