What is the US tax rate
VAT in USA / America
VAT calculatorAny calculation of net, VAT and gross when entering one of these amounts. The selection of different German, Austrian and Swiss sales tax rates, as well as the possibility of entering an individual tax rate, make the calculator perfect.
Many Germans find time and again that it is relatively complicated to shop in the USA. The reason is the opaque VAT regulations. Unlike in Europe, VAT in the US is not set by the federal government, but by the respective states. In addition, there are sometimes cities or municipalities that also receive a certain share. The result is that VAT in the USA can even vary from city to city.
No uniform sales tax rate in the US
Since there is no generally applicable tax rate, the so-called sales tax does not have to be shown in the price of products. There are a number of tables on the Internet that tell you how much sales tax is in a particular state and in different cities and towns there.
Complicated regulation for tourists
Another specialty are the regulations of the different states for tourists. For example, if you shop in New Orleans in the state of Louisiana, you can have the sales tax paid back when you leave the country by presenting the relevant receipts at the airport. There are similar regulations in other parts of the country, so you should definitely inform yourself thoroughly before traveling.
If you discover during a trip to the USA that the prices for many products, such as clothing, are significantly lower than in Germany, you should remember that you still have to pay the so-called import sales tax of 19 percent when entering Germany , in some cases customs duties are also due.
Import sales tax
Import sales tax is also calculated when ordering from an online shop in the USA via the Internet. In the case of large shops and many courier services, the customer then receives an invoice in which the import sales tax is already shown. So you should consider these points in any case before buying.
In particular, we used the information from the following sources for the topic "VAT":
Last update on April 11th, 2021
The pages of the topic "VAT" were last editorially checked on April 11th, 2021 by Michael Mühl. They are all up to date.
Previous changes on 11/18/2020
- November 18, 2020: Increase in the VAT rate to 19 or 7 percent again from January 2021.
- June 3, 2020: Reduction of the VAT rate from 19 to 16 percent or the reduced rate from 7 to 5 percent from July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
- 05.12.2018: Extension of the topic "Value Added Tax" with numerous advice texts, including the basics of VAT, the history of VAT and what does "VAT reportable" mean ?.
- Editorial revision of all texts in this subject area
- What Pays Better Academic writing or copywriting
- Ernst What gets you through every day
- Are you a parent who stays at home
- Can I work in a bank after CA?
- When did abortion become legal?
- How bad is sugar for babies
- Which is the best running shoes
- What are the different types of foundation
- What happened on June 16, 1994
- Which apps are better than VidMate
- How would you describe a Pisces woman
- What are Singaporeans tired of telling others?
- What is the Howdy Modi Event
- How can I never be pregnant
- The potential computing power is exponential
- Is Ivanka Trump personally nice
- Which song goes laaaaaaa lalalalala lalalalala lalalalalaaaaa
- Are journeyman electricians paid well in Canada?
- Are Black Butler Filler episodes worth watching
- Did you enjoy being a teenager?
- What's the best pizza hut crust
- Cooperation kills the relationship
- Where is same-sex marriage illegal
- How can I improve my reading skills?
- What is the salary of the Mexican teacher
- Is Rhaegar Targaryen Daenerys Targaryen's father
- When will Shanghai be liberated from China?
- Will Japan allow mass immigration
- Why do people cause violent protests
- Should we do the same exercise every day
- What is the best choice in 2020
- What is the reason you got married young?
- The CFA MBA strategy is a good combination