Why do Muslims say Salam Aleikum
Is it right to greet a non-Muslim with “As-Salāmu Alaykum”?
In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Merciful
Light on the story @
In pre-Islamic Arabia, people greeted each other with different greetings when they met. Islam changed and replaced these greetings with this standard form of greeting.
The greeting Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh is generally translated as a blessing.
Greetings to non-Muslims @
“A believer can greet you (with the greeting of salam) if he has a need from him, otherwise it will be prohibitively rejected (makruh).
Therefore, one should refrain from saying salam to the unbelievers, because the hadith says: Do not start by greeting Christians and Jews with salam. If you meet one of them on a path, make him walk on the side, ”recorded by al-Bukhari.
If a Jew, Christian, or fire worshiper greets you, there is nothing wrong with answering them, but nothing more than should be said Wa alaykum.
In al-Shir'a (name of a book) it says that when one greets non-Muslims one should say: Assalamu ala man ittaba'a al-huda (May peace be upon those who are led).
The reason for this inadmissibility of saying salam to non-Muslims is because of disregarding them. If you greet them for a need, it is not out of respect, i.e. permissible.
(Radd al-Muhtar ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar, 6/412).
In the case of crowded (Muslim and non-Muslim) @
How can you greet a gathering where there are Muslims and non-Muslims?
A long hadith was made under the authority of Usama ibn Zaid (Allah be pleased with him) recorded that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) passed a gathering attended by Muslims, idolaters and Jews.The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) greeted them and invited them to Allah. (Saheeh al-Bukhari).
If a group is made up of Muslims, idolaters, and Jews, they should be greeted (with salam) as mentioned in the hadith published by al-Bukhari and Muslims from Usama ibn Zaid was recorded .
The intention, however, should be to say salam to the Muslims (of this group) so as not to begin to greet non-Muslims
(Ahkam al-Quran from al-Tahanawi, 2/306).
1) It is inadmissible to greet non-Muslims with the Islamic greeting of Assalamu Alaykum to greet .
2) One can greet non-Muslims with the greetings they use themselves
3) If a non-Muslim greets a Muslim with the Islamic greeting, one should with Alaykum or Assalamu ala man ittaba'a al-huda answer. One should pray that Allah Almighty will guide him / her.
5) When a group out Muslims and non-Muslims alike , it is permissible to greet them with the Islamic greeting. However, the intention should be to greet only the Muslims.
MAY ALLAH GUIDE US
- How much debt should the US have?
- Why is Anthem such a failure
- Indians hate Bangladeshis
- What is the salary structure of tcs
- Is sex part of the healing process
- Is French ancestry common among African Americans
- Can London's housing crisis be solved?
- What are the best thoughts in life
- How many courses after the 12th trade
- Can alcohol be found in Kuwait
- Have you ever seen a woman taking a bath
- What is research methodology
- What if something bad happened
- What are some interesting facts about Nevada
- What was your experience as an adult
- Which percentages are considered rare?
- Is swapping legal in the US
- How many black American billionaires are there?
- What are the Worst Symptoms of Lupus
- Who is a real friend
- Is there groupism in LBSNAA
- Is life worth living without marriage
- What's your favorite takeaway food
- What are homeowners association mortgages
- Why are we calling the police
- Why do people like horror stories
- What do you think about incestuous sex
- Shanghai is cooler than Beijing
- Who did the Romans fight in battle?
- Credit card chips can be duplicated
- Can make sense to something in life
- What are some items that you will never buy
- Which region of France is the safest