Why shouldn't we ban PUBG?
PUBG Mobile: Banned in India to protect national security
PUBG Mobile isn't the only game from a Chinese publisher that is banned in India.
PUBG Mobile players in India will have to look for a different game going forward. Because as the government announced on September 2, 2020, the title is as well 117 further apps are banned with immediate effectto protect national security.
The blocked applications include all programs that are directly from the Chinese publishers Tencent and NetEase were released. However, games from companies such as Supercell (Clash Royale), in which Tencent has a majority, are still available.
Link to Twitter content
Apps are said to have stolen data
India explains that the reason is that they have received numerous complaints and reports regarding the apps. The programs mentioned »stole« the data of the users and got them »secretly and in an unauthorized way« transmitted to serverthat are outside of India.
The Indian government goes on to say that this not only jeopardizes the privacy of its own citizens, but also theirs Integrity, security and sovereignty of the country. That is why it was decided to implement immediate emergency measures.
more on the subject
A lack of transparency is criticized
The New Delhi-based interest group "Software Law and Freedom Center" criticized the reasons for the ban. According to them, this indicates that the country must become more transparent in terms of data protection.
The decision is not entirely unexpected, however. Since the beginning of the year, the Tensions between China and India at. As recently as June 2020, 20 Indian soldiers died in the Himalayas in a conflict with China. Meanwhile, there are calls from India calling for a boycott of Chinese goods. Corresponding hashtags are therefore trending more often on Twitter.
If you want to know what the company Tencent is all about, we recommend our background report:
more on the subject
PUBG in India
The mobile version of Playerunknown's Battlegrounds was released in India in 2018 and became very popular there. 50 million players started the app at least once a month. In addition, the game made eSports big in the country and there were numerous national tournaments.
- What is the most gifted possession
- Understand Chinese English
- Are deliveries assets or liabilities
- Why did a lot of people vote for Trump?
- When did drugs really get popular?
- Should Taiwan and Singapore merge
- How will Generation Z be as parents
- How close and warm is your family
- Are people fundamentally corrupted
- How does a peacock have sex
- Can an XY woman get pregnant
- What caused the economic crisis in Iceland
- What do Americans think of Arab women?
- What do mechanical engineers do at ISRO
- New Zealand is an MDC
- How often do teenage girls really masturbate?
- Terra Nova is worth seeing
- Why shouldn't I do CA
- What tax system is used in China
- Is pain synonymous with suffering
- What is the brutal truth about scientists
- Kings were purely vegetarian
- What was your worst high school date
- What causes numbness in my thumb