What is the root of misandry
Goethe was perhaps not the worst person in world history, but he plays an important role in German culture. That's why we got the idea to take a critical look at his work. ”With this, a member of the artist collective“ Frankfurter Hauptschule ”explained the action to throw toilet paper at Goethe's garden house in Weimar. The criticism of the students from the Frankfurt area was directed against the poem “Heidenröslein”, the last stanza of which says: “And the wild boy broke / ’s Röslein auf der Heiden; / Röslein struggled and stabbed, / Didn't help him hurt and oh, / Just had to suffer. " Member whose name is not mentioned anywhere.
Johann Wolfgang Goethe is perhaps the first person who could no longer keep track of what was already published about him during his lifetime. Criticism and interpretations of his work continue to this day and will not stop. This proves once more the effect that his writings have. Now one could endure such a collective action under the postulate of artistic freedom. In principle, one shouldn't even lose a line about the stupid interpretation of the students, if it weren't for a larger context.
“He (Goethe) was more in favor of truce than revolution - in terms of social ownership and also in terms of traditional gender roles. We just have the feeling that there is a hypocritical way of dealing with Goethe, ”said the representative of the“ Frankfurter Hauptschule ”in an interview with“ bento.de ”, a“ Spiegel online ”website for young people. This perspective shows how historical connections are dissolved and moralized backwards. If one consistently followed the arguments of the art students, the erasure of all great men from history books would be obvious. After all, everyone at that time lived under “sexist conditions” and “power relations to oppress women”.
Whoever puts social evolution under an intellectual moral predicate - yesterday as well as today's development - moves within the mechanisms of a dictatorship. The National Socialists and the Communist GDR leadership shared the presumption of being able to decide which attitude should be rejected or even classified into enemy images. Accordingly, people were discriminated against, persecuted or even lost their lives. The rulers of the dictatorship soared over thoughts and opinions and judged those who think differently. It is precisely this analogy, often visible today under higher morals, under which self-styled progressives define others in the realm of yesterday. Whoever wants to ban Goethe from school today - which would be like burning books - will surely demand new erasures tomorrow. I don't think that's humor, on the contrary, it's very dangerous. The condemnation of a contemporary spirit has fascist traits. Out of a backward moralizing about the Judas betrayal, the Nazis planted a seed for hatred of Jews among other things.
Our society today may seem pluralistic, but this disintegration of worldviews, attitudes and opinions has evidently emerged a tendency to try to cut the link between cultural roots and lived traditions by means of excessive morality. I don't want to paint the devil on the wall and hope that a Goethe bashing, which is still an art action today, won't cause a sensation about other things tomorrow. But a tendency can be discerned under which people or events are torn from their historical context. Some then turn it into a "bird shit of history", others retrospectively tribunalize everything and everyone who does not meet today's moral standards. One day Otto Hahn was convicted of atomic research, and Gottlieb Daimler was knocked off his pedestal as complicit in climate change. Anyone who reinterprets their own story and tries to brush it off loses the ability to deal with it responsibly. Thomas Wischnewski
- How much are the journalists paid
- What's your experience with Irish travelers
- What is the IP address that starts with 169
- How can you earn with art creativity
- Life on earth began only once
- Do men love to wear briefs?
- Have you seen a manager get demoted?
- Does the washing machine ruin your clothes?
- When do people look old?
- Know the Chinese culture
- How often do you achieve something
- What inspired the fourth season of Downton Abbey
- What are some bible verses about mothers
- How much are workers paid in Mexico
- How do I find SAP jobs
- Do Japanese like to speak English abroad?
- Men like nice women
- How can an ENTP recover from depression
- Which Oxford College do you prefer
- How many religions are older than Christianity
- Which are the desert districts of Rajasthan
- Why did the US come to Iraq
- What is the best restaurant in Stockholm
- Happy Indians working in Dubai
- What are the oldest professional sports
- Why do pierced nipples stay hard
- Uses NLP machine learning
- When do single-use cameras expire
- Qatar has a Disney amusement park
- You can mix whiskey and Mountain Dew
- The night shift kills you
- What happens if suddenly a mirror breaks
- What fighter planes can cobra form