Why is my parquet floor squeaking
Wooden floor squeaks - that's an end to the noise
Find the cause
First of all, you need to distinguish whether the floor is floating and is making these noises. Or whether you have a screwed board floor that is attached to a substructure.
The solutions for these two different cases are exactly the opposite. With the floating floor, something usually has to be loosened or reduced in size, with the screwed floor something has often already loosened and must now be fastened.
Laminate or parquet
If the floor is laid floating, it is important to ensure that there is a sufficient edge joint when laying so that the wooden floor can expand without squeaking in the event of temperature fluctuations and changes in humidity. Weren't the edge joints large enough or is the floor chafing against a heating pipe? To find the exact cause, have someone walk back and forth on the floor while you look for the problem.
Sawing off - shortening and cutting
With floating installation, it is important to give the flooring sufficient space so that it can work. Most of the time, you have to trim the areas that are too long when the laminate floor squeaks. An oscillating vibration saw, also known as a multitool by many manufacturers, is ideal for this. With this you can get into almost every corner and can easily trim even narrow edges.
- Remove the skirting boards
- Look for problem areas
- Cut areas to length
- Reattach the skirting boards
Nail or screw
If a board is broken or severely torn in one place, the problem can be solved with a screw. Many professionals recommend using nails. But with a screw you can exert the right pressure on the wood more precisely. In addition, you can simply unscrew the screw again if it does not achieve the desired effect.
- Screw in the screws at an angle
- Countersink screws slightly
- at least two screws per damaged area
Lining the floor - upholstering it
Many plank floors were previously laid directly on the screed floor. The footfall sound insulation that is common today is often missing here. Even with a wooden floor that has been screwed directly onto a substructure, an intermediate layer may be missing. Unfortunately, you then actually have to do the job and completely absorb the soil.
- Which MBTI personalities love INFPs
- How do the Greeks and Romans differ?
- What are HR strategies
- Let's eat male chickens
- Is mass consumption driving the economy?
- What are some identifiable jazz songs
- Why don't people like me 2
- Metoprolol can cause high blood pressure
- Why should you move to Barbados
- Has anyone regretted choosing a career over love?
- Why am I not carrying a wallet?
- What happens during Ramadan
- What is cultural tolerance
- Falls MS in Architecture under STEM
- What's your sexiest high school experience
- How do social enterprises make money
- Are Turks mixed with Greeks
- Which is better MPharm or MS
- The medieval high nobility had thrones
- Why does Fortnite Season 7 suck
- LYFT can be used without a smartphone
- Why can't your job be automated
- What are the best French chocolate brands
- How do you treat someone with NPD