Where does YouTube star PewDiePie live
After the US attack: Youtube star PewDiePie regrets Nazi jokes
Youtuber Felix "PewDiePie" Kjellberg no longer wants to make jokes and parodies about Nazi sentiments and Hitler. The trigger for this was the march of right-wing extremist groups and the subsequent terrorist attack by a neo-Nazi in the US city of Charlottesville at the end of last week.
In a recent article, Kjellberg was dismayed. "I don't want to have anything to do with these people. I know people who watch my videos know that I'm not a Nazi, but I also know that some have their doubts," said the Youtuber. "I'm the kind of guy who jokes on the internet."
Escalation at the beginning of the year
In February of that year, the media hype about satirical videos PewDiePies, in which he provoked his audience with anti-Semitic content and Hitler parodies, was great. Well-known media such as the Wall Street Journal voiced criticism, numerous viewers were outraged by Kjellberg's contributions, which ultimately led to a break between the YouTube star and his network partner Disney.
While the Swede apologized for stepping on the feet of some people with his videos, he accused representatives of the classic media of waging a smear campaign against him. Despite the satirical character of the contributions, critics accused Kjellberg of providing a stage for right-wing extremist sentiments. Six months later, the Youtuber gives himself up.
"I don't want to be part of it"
"If, for whatever reason, Nazis think it's good that I'm joking, I don't want to give them that satisfaction, so I'll stop," said Kjellberg. "I'm not censoring myself. I just don't want to be part of it." Although after viewing the photos of the radical right-wing demonstrations he found that many participants were wearing his haircut, he was actually alarmed that he was lumped together with such people. "I have no hatred in my heart." (between August 18, 2017)
- How can you regain air superiority
- Helps Garlic With Blood Sugar
- Bullshit is a negative word
- What are some guidelines for reviewing Java code
- How can you clean an unsealed mortar?
- People are still trading
- How many people get old
- What a feeling that never gets old
- What's the hardest part about getting fired
- How do you usually buy music online
- Find a relationship
- How will you remember Avicii
- Why can't cows go down the stairs?
- How do you get rid of powdery mildew
- What does per arch mean for dentures
- How do you clean a porcelain sink
- What do Africans think of Sweden?
- Life is not meant to be enjoyed. Why
- Index funds are a good idea
- How valuable is a doctoral degree
- What are the most basic abdominal exercises
- Which countries only accept GRE
- Where do you meet other couples
- Why is the world afraid of China