Do essential oils actually work
Fit with aromatherapy How the scent of essential oils works
Aromatherapists work with around 150 different oils. The volatile oils are obtained from flowers, leaves, fruits and roots or from bark. For this, the plant components are either simply pressed or distilled with the help of steam.
By the way: only the real essential oils have a healing effect. Naturally identical, synthetic oils obviously cannot do that.
This is how the fragrant oils work
Our sense of smell can be specifically influenced by the scent of the essential oils. The effect of the oils lasts longer than we consciously perceive, i.e. smell. The essential oils act directly on the brain via the olfactory center, which releases stimulating, calming or harmonizing messenger substances.
The oils can also be absorbed directly through the skin and thus get into the blood. Essential oils are used in fragrance lamps, as massage oil or sauna infusions, are used as full and partial baths and also as compresses and wraps.
In principle, essential oils are well tolerated, but they too can cause skin irritation and allergic reactions. Therefore, they should not be used undiluted.
Some essential oils and their effects
There are only a few scientific studies on the effects. Most of the knowledge comes from folk medicine, has been tried and observed over centuries.
Strengthening bergamot oil
It has a revitalizing and motivating effect. Bergamot is ideal if you are up to something that will cost you to overcome because it should make you more confident.
Grounding spruce needle oil
If you are restless, you can use spruce needle oil to ground yourself back to your inner center.
Relaxing hemp oil
The essential hemp oil has a calming effect and is also supposed to inhibit inflammation and relieve tension and cramps. Hemp edible oil is obtained by pressing the seeds. The essential hemp oil is distilled from flowers and leaves and, like the edible oil, is not intoxicating.
Soothing lavender oil
The main components of the oil have been shown to influence our central nervous system and have a calming and anxiety-relieving effect, especially on stressed, restless people. Lavender oil promotes sleep and can be used as a fragrance or massage oil.
Pain relieving peppermint oil
Peppermint, with its refreshing effect, increases concentration and relieves headaches when rubbed on the temples and forehead. Research has shown that peppermint oil can work just as efficiently as over-the-counter pain relievers.
Concentrating rosemary oil
It can improve our memory. One study showed that memory performance increased by up to 75 percent after the subjects inhaled rosemary.
Healing tea tree oil
It cleanses wounds and can promote healing of scar tissue. It can also be used to treat athlete's foot, herpes or warts.
Dissolving thyme oil
A few drops of thyme oil in the gargle water and thyme relieves sore throats and loosens stubborn coughs.
Germicidal cinnamon oil
Essential oil from Ceylon cinnamon is effective against bacteria and fungal attack and is therefore considered to be anti-inflammatory and helpful in wound healing. In addition, the oil is said to lower blood pressure and have a positive effect on blood sugar.
Whimsical citrus oils
Citrus aromas lift the mood, put you in a good mood and have a stimulating effect. Grapefruit and orange oils are recommended here.
- Why is Peyton Manning the greatest of all time
- What should I know when visiting Beijing
- What can I have for breakfast
- Protein is only found in meat
- What does the school really teach us?
- What theories does an electrician need to know
- What is the UK General Election
- Defamation is a punishable offense
- Iranians practice Muslims
- Which is the highest point in Delhi
- Will Japan exceed GDP of 5 trillion again
- There were typhoons during World War II
- How popular is Mobile Fortnite
- Do corporate taxes influence national income
- How does the code work
- Is there a recruitment agency in Penang
- Women can love men unconditionally
- Where can I download free graphic novels
- Can foxes be kept as pets?
- What are the causes of hyperinflation
- All billionaires have bodyguards
- Are dash cams legal in Massachusetts
- Why do countries grow at different speeds
- Americans hate the Chinese people
- What are fresher jobs
- How do I revive the construction industry
- What makes Sheffield United so good
- How many Quora employees are LGBT
- Is conscription selfish
- How to invest 300
- What is physical labor
- What makes Chinese culture different from other cultures
- Albania used to be a Christian nation