If everyone were gone, there would still be money
moon What would happen if the moon was gone?
Without the moon, we would have no reliable seasons. Because the moon stabilizes the earth's axis. If it did not exist, the earth's axis would go into a strong tailspin every few million years. With devastating effects on the climate. Researchers have calculated: without the moon, the earth's axis could occasionally tilt by almost 90 degrees. Then the North Pole could very quickly be in the tropics, and that would mean: Every half of the earth would have blazing sun for half a year, followed by a cold, darkest night for half a year. The moon, on the other hand, holds the earth's axis somewhat in position, so that such extreme conditions cannot exist.
Without the moon, the continents might still be inanimate and all life would take place in the sea. Because the moon brings us ebb and flow, and thus also the floodplains on the coast, in the transition between water and land. Large areas that are flooded twice a day and dry out in between. These transition areas played an important role in evolution: this is where the amphibians developed, which later crawled further and further ashore and from which lizards, dinosaurs and mammals eventually developed. Without the moon the ebb and flow would be much weaker, and all these floodplains would not have existed in this form.
The days would be shorter without the moon. Today it takes the earth 24 hours to turn once on itself. In the early days of the earth it spun four times as fast. Accordingly, a day lasted only 6 hours. It was the moon that slowed the earth down: Due to the tides it triggers, the ebb and flow of the tide and all this sloshing back and forth on the earth, the earth is constantly losing its rotational energy and as a result turns slower and slower.
Without the moon it would not only be dark at night, but pitch black, every night. Only the stars could light our way. In other words...
Without the moon the earth would be somehow more lonely, so without companions. And the sad thing about the story: The moon is moving away from us, every year it drifts 4 cm further out into space. One day in the distant future he will be so far gone that there will be no more total lunar eclipses.
- Which foods strengthen the immunity of older people
- How are Orthodox Jews seen in Israel
- Why aren't all Americans rich?
- Are Americans secretly racist
- Donald Trump is the worst person ever
- Which is better British or American universities
- Why do vaginas get sore after sex
- Why do you have to consummate marriage
- What are jobs for CA.
- Are the new tattoos from BTS Jungkook permanent
- What is the role of money 1
- Can a man pee in a vagina
- How do I find a good programmer
- Why are Cambodians so nice
- What are temporary workers
- Who is S S Rajamouli
- What do you think of Effy Stonem
- How bad are labor rights in Vietnam
- What really sucks
- Who are the best interior designers
- How do international students choose a university?
- What are banks
- How can I stop wanting a baby?
- A GDP growth of 100 is achievable
- Hear the dead
- Why are most French brown-eyed?
- Most lightworkers are INFPs
- What are Indian Crowdfunding Sites
- Was the Prophet Muhammad an Islamist
- Is IP switching illegal
- Which language is easier Italian or French
- Muslims eat turkey
- Why is seafood gumbo so good