What is the population of Taiwan like in 2018
Republic of China (Taiwan) population
Republic of China (Taiwan) population clock
|Current male population (49.9%)|
|Current female population (50.1%)|
|Births this year|
|Dead this year|
|Net immigration this year|
|Net immigration today|
|Population growth this year|
|Population growth today|
Source: United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs .
Figures on the corona pandemic
Brief facts about the population
|Current population (as of May 20, 2021)|
|57 (0.30% of the world population)|
|659.3 per km2|
|1.00 (11,912,218 men and 11,950,700 women)|
|Average age of the population|
|80.1 years (76.9 men, 83.4 women)|
(Population figures are country meter estimates based on the most recent United Nations data)
Republic of China (Taiwan): population 2021
In 2021, the Republic of China (Taiwan) population is expected to increase by 48,881 people and reach 23,893,107 in early 2022. The natural increase is expected to be positive as the number of births will exceed the number of deaths by 47,450.
If external migration remains at the previous year's level, the population will increase by 1,431 due to the reasons for migration. This means that the number of people who move to the Republic of China (Taiwan) (which they are not native to) to settle there as permanent residents (immigrants) takes precedence over the number of people who leave the country, to settle permanently in another country (emigrants).
Change in population in 2021
According to our estimates, the daily rates of change of the Republic of China (Taiwan) population in 2021 will be as follows:
- 587 live births on average per day (24.47 per hour)
- Average of 457 deaths per day (19.05 per hour)
- Average of 4 immigrants per day (0.16 per hour)
Republic of China (Taiwan): Demographics 2020As of January 1, 2021, the population was estimated at 23,844,226 people. This is an increase of 0.21% (48,781 people) compared to 23,795,445 inhabitants in the previous year.
In 2020, the natural increase was positive as the number of births exceeded the number of deaths by 47,353. Due to foreign migration, the population increased by 1,428. The gender distribution of the total population was 0.997 (997 men per 1,000 women), which is lower than the global gender ratio.
The key figures for the population in 2020 are listed below:
- 213,921 live births
- 166,568 deaths
- Natural increase: 47,353 people
- Net migration: 1,428 people
- 11,922,113 men as of December 31, 2020
- 11,922,113 women as of December 31, 2020
Growth rate 1952-2021
The population density in the Republic of China (Taiwan) is 658.8 people per square kilometer as of May 2021. The population density is calculated as follows: population divided by the total area of the country. The total area is the sum of the land and water areas within the international borders and coasts. According to the United Nations Statistics Department, the total area is 36,192 km2.
Religion in Republic of China (Taiwan)
|religion||Number of followers||Percentage of the total population|
|Popular belief||10.547.376||44,2 %|
Source: Pew Research Center. The Global Religious Landscape.
Number of followers (05/20/2021 - Countrymeters.info ).
Republic of China (Taiwan) population (1951-2021)
Republic of China (Taiwan) population history
|1951||7.767.853||N / A %|
All dates in this table are for January 1st of the corresponding year.
Population forecast (2020-2100)
|2020||23.817.898||N / A %|
The data are given for July 1st of the corresponding year (middle variant of the forecast).
Source: United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- Which ethnic group is the most oppressed?
- What is life like for immigrants in Australia
- How do I become the richest man
- What are the benefits of respecting someone
- What are your favorite objects in life
- How is logistics related to procurement?
- What do the Chinese think of Indonesians
- Is populism dangerous
- Why are some people so instantly hostile?
- When should I buy Tata Motors stock?
- Would the Americans have liked Nickelback in 1969
- How can you teach others well?
- What is the minimum wage in California
- Can Italians speak English fluently?
- Can Wing Chun be allowed in MMA
- Says this grammatically incorrect
- What if I said I know you
- What is spinal scoliosis
- What Are Some Inventors In The Victorian Times
- Will morality ever become superfluous?
- Why are corporate jobs so stressful
- What investment will help us beat inflation
- What are the health benefits of CBD
- What were your favorite smells when you were growing up