What do you think of the Indonesian culture
Welcome to Java! An island full of highlights and surprises
The Java island is located in the south of Indonesia and offers everything you could wish for from your trip to the island state. Here you can famous volcano Mount Bromo climb numerous temples like that Prambanan temple visit or Jakarta, explore the capital of Indonesia with its almost 10 million inhabitants. Our local experts have you covered 6 highlights that you absolutely have to see and experience on your trip to Java!
about 130 million (corresponds to 60% of the Indonesian population!)
in the middle of the islands of Sumatra and Bali
high variety and density of different cultures, active volcanoes and historical temples
Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia, is located in West of Java and is shaped by the Dutch colonial times. Here you will find impressive sights as well as a traditional old town that lets you experience Indonesian culture up close. In no other place do cultures, epochs, traditions and values come together so intensely. Experience 100% Culture Clash!
- Visit the largest mosque in Southeast Asia, the Istiqual mosque
- Explore that National Monument and enjoy a breathtaking view
- Rest in the Taman Suropati Park from the hustle and bustle
2. Tea plantations in Ciwidey
The Tea plantations near Ciwidey in western Java are not only interesting for tea lovers. A view of the vast green of the tea leaves and the unique smell will stay in your memory forever. A perfect detour if you have something Quiet want to enjoy.
- Enjoy the beautiful landscape in the middle of the tea plantations
- Relax with a cup of tea
Tea plantations in Ciwidey, Java
You can also find the city of Yogyakarta on the island of Java and is considered the Berlin of Indonesia, the city of Arts and Culture. Another specialty is that Sultan's Palace, Kraton, which can be visited as a city within a city. Because of its location, Yogyakarta lends itself to numerous day trips on, but also the many cafes, restaurants, shops and galleries invite you to linger longer.
- Visit the beautiful Saman Tari Water Palace
- Enjoy the flair of the city and stroll through it artistic streets
- Explore the little ones authentic villages around Yogyakarta
View of Yogyakarta in Indonesia
You might like these Java routes:
4. Borobudur and Prambanan
The two temples Borobudur and Prambanan are the most important cultural sights in Java. Both plants were built in the 8th century and in 1991 for UNESCO World Heritage Site explained. But there are also differences:
- You can get the most beautiful photo motifs from Sunrise or sunset
- Do with the lesser known Candi Mendut Stop
The active volcano is Mount Bromo 2,329 m high and embedded in the Tengger volcano massif, which is located in the east of Java. It is recommended to start the tours to Mount Bromo via the beautiful town of Malang. The sometimes strenuous ascent to the crater at night will be with youbreathtaking sunrise rewarded.
- Hike to various Viewpoints and enjoy the panorama
- Patrol on impressive crater rim along
- Marvel at the highest mountain in Java, the Gunung Semeru
Sunrise on Mount Bromo in Indonesia
Another well-known volcano in Java is Mount Ijen, which is mainly known for its turquoise blue crater lake is known. Also a Natural wonders you can experience on Mount Ijen: by burning the sulfur at night you can Blue fire discover. Here, too, it is worthwhile to climb the volcano at sunrise.
- Hike the 2,799 m high volcano
- Experience it up close Blue fire natural wonders
- Enjoy that play of colors of the crater lake
Learn more about this topic:
Here you can find the highlights of Java
[["Jakarta", -6.17511, 106.8650395], ["Borobudur", -7.6078738, 110.2037513], ["Prambanan", -7.7520206, 110.4914674], ["Yogyakarta", -7.7955798, 110.3694896], ["Mount Bromo" , -7.9424936, 112.9530122], ["Ijen", -8.0583811, 114.243299]]
[["1. Jakarta"], ["2. Borobudur"], ["3. Prambanan"], ["4. Yogyakarta"], ["5. Mount Bromo"], ["6. Ijen"]]
Not enough highlights yet?
Learn more about this topic:
And discover the highlights of Java and Indonesia with this route!
Ready for your tailor-made Java adventure?
Now you just think: "Yes, yes, Java!"? Then let's start planning your trip! Our local experts go exactly on Your wishes and make your tailor made trip unforgettable to Java!
- WeDesignTrips works that easy
- Reveal yours Travel wishes for Indonesia.
- Our local experts are based in Indonesia and plan tailor-made to you.
- you are longtime experts local tour operator in Indonesia.
- Together you plan your dream trip - non-binding & free of charge.
- Book safely & conveniently via WeDesignTrips - Your tour operator based in Austria and a security certificate!
- Many Japanese still use futons
- Which car engines fit most cars
- Shall we follow ISKCON?
- Can this relationship be saved
- Which foods are no longer eaten?
- Is death like falling asleep
- Are some South Koreans xenophobic?
- What do you think about relationship goals
- How is life in Mumbai
- Every software developer should know web development
- I am extremely bored what should i do
- How did ThisisWhyImBroke get traction
- What is a food shortage
- When was the first iron cladding built?
- Why corporate life is bad
- Is TRAI a power supply
- Do gemstones really work
- Is continuous global economic growth sustainable
- What do teachers do at lunch
- What if you ignore an itch
- Why are houses so expensive 1
- Muslims marry their cousins
- Freelance translation pays off well
- Should religion be considered existent