How effective is aikido
Is Aikido Effective?
It's interesting how opinions differ here ...
I have been doing Takemusu Aikido (Iwama Ryu) for 8 years, from which I took a break for two years. At the moment I have the 2nd Kyu, which will change soon ...
Aikido is a martial art and not a competitive sport like judo or other martial arts. A lot of importance is attached to respectful interaction and etiquette in our dojo. Which brings us to an important point:
Whether you like Aikido or not depends very much on how you interact with each other or how the trainer interacts with his students. Personally, I am happy that I am allowed to train in a dojo that also teaches with bokken (wooden sword), jo (wooden stick) and tanto (wooden knife). Working with the sword in particular is neglected in many dojos, but in my opinion it is essential for body techniques. With us, the weapons are already part of the examination program from yellow belts (adults) or orange belts (children). Unfortunately, this is by no means the case in all Aikido dojos ...
Personally, I really like the fact that there are no competitions in Aikido. In real life, no street fighter behaves like a judoka in competition ... it's more about a quick reaction and about stealing the attacker's energy ...
In Aikido nobody is taught how to hit or kick the other. On the contrary: it is all about making the attacker understand that it makes no sense for him to continue attacking. Education instead of hitting! That is our motto! That's why there are no official competitions, only demonstrations.
We also have some former judoka with us. If you listen to it like that, Judo is VERY on the substance due to the many kicks in the legs and knees, which often leads to the first noticeable signs of wear and tear appearing from the age of 30. You can still practice Aikido at an old age, there are plenty of examples of this.
In the end, everyone has to know for themselves what they want to achieve with martial arts / martial arts:
Do I want to shape body and mind and learn how to avoid conflicts or convince my attacker that his attack was not such a good idea? Then Aikido is the right choice! (Whereby you also have to be lucky with the dojo or the trainer ... but that also applies to martial arts ...)
Or do I want to learn how I can inflict damage to my attacker as effectively as possible with hard and fast punches or kicks? Or is it to me z. B. Is it important that I can measure myself or my strength against others? Then a martial art is right, then the martial art Aikido is not the right choice ...
Aikido has also enriched me in my private life:
it helped me B. to adopt a healthier posture ... to carry out my movements more centered and therefore less stressful on the ligaments and bones ... my speed of reaction has also increased.
I have never been forced to use Aikido for defense and I am happy about it. Because - let's be honest - the best defense is when there is no fight in the first place :-)
Of course there is no such thing as "the one, right" martial art. Everyone has different ideas, preferences and strengths / weaknesses. If you do trial lessons in a reasonable dojo, you will quickly notice whether this or perhaps another martial art / martial art is the right one for you.
After all, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable ...
In this sense: Onegai shimazu!
- Which Ariana Grande perfume smells best
- A deserved vacation can be redeemed
- How can I have a revelation
- Spotify is owned by Google
- How can you identify depression in teenagers
- What is a website link analysis
- How important is Sobresa for Spanish culture
- Are lesbian relationships the most unstable
- Why are almost all firefighters white men
- Why is the English language popular
- Why does 2017 suck music
- Is skipping breakfast okay all your life?
- How are ski jumpers trained
- Government officials have to pay taxes
- Lawyers get paid a lot
- Can I eat sprouts at night
- How can I improve my fashion sense
- What's the best souvenir from Albuquerque
- Is YIF worth an investment of 6L
- Which certificate must be confirmed for jobs in the UAE
- What licenses are required to start a business?
- Railway technician is a well-defined job
- How often should you apply a body lotion?
- Do mantras gems and rudraksha work