May my dog die of sadness
Mourning a deceased dog - this can help you now
No more barking joyfully when the front door is unlocked, nobody wagging their tails around their legs and no more wet dog's muzzle on their knees. The eyes fill with tears at the sight of the empty food bowl. Nobody has to be ashamed of it - the Death of a beloved dog can be very painful, as studies show. But there are many ways to come to terms with the death of your beloved dog.
Grief relief for dog owners
It can help over the loss of the dog too talk. For that you can contact family, Friends or others Like-minded people who can understand your grief.
Also Support groups offer a possibility of exchange. Some Veterinarians specialize in grief management that you can turn to when your dog has passed away.
Forums on the Internet offer the opportunity to talk to other dog lovers about the death of the dog. These people will understand and maybe even empathize with your grief. You can also find this at Advice centers Hearing. For example, the animal pastoral care team at Tier & Mensch Franziskushilfe e.V. has set up a helpline that you can contact at different times.
Animal cemeteries have not only proven to be a memorial, but also a place to meet other affected people and to exchange ideas with them.
Not everyone understands grief
Not everyone you know will understand your grief for your dog. If you feel that your pain is not being taken seriously, you should turn to other people. You can cope better with losing your dog if you can Roger that and with your grief accepted feel. Sentences like "That was just an animal" are not very helpful and nobody who has just lost a dog has to listen to them. After all, the dog was a family member, constant companion and part of a phase of life.
Give yourself timeto deal with the situation. Because the loss of a beloved four-legged friend is always difficult and has to be with you much patience are processed. Even if it will always be sad that your dog can no longer be by your side, over time the good memories and the gratitude that you could have had such a good time with the dog will remain.
A new dog to cope with grief?
How much time should it take to get a new dog after a loved one dies? On that question there is no clear answerbecause everyone deals with grief differently. While some take months or years to get involved with a new dog, others get a new one after a few days.
Both are fine. Getting a new dog back quickly doesn't mean you'll grieve less. Let them In any case, grieve consciously and don't suppress it.
Many people even have a new animal to help them cope with grief. That's perfectly fine too. The only important thing is that you have the new dog consider it an individual animal and not as a substitute for the deceased. Because every dog is different and so the new dog will likely be very different from your old one. With your own preferences, traits and peculiarities - and that's a good thing.
Ready for a new dog?
Usually yours will be yours feeling say whether or not you are ready for a new dog. However, if you are not sure, here are some questions you can ask yourself:
- If you do not live alone: Talk to the other people in the household. How are you? Are you ready for a new dog?
- Think about your deceased dog: does it still fill you with pure sadness or do you think back to the time together with a smile?
- Imagine having a new dog: do you automatically think of your old one?
- Ask yourself if you inadvertently have “expectations” of the new dog. How would you feel if the new dog is very different from the old one?
- Go to an animal shelter and see the dogs there. Are you feeling sad or looking forward to a new animal?
- Reconsider your living conditions: has anything changed? Could it be that you may not have time or space for a dog at all?
Of course, it's okay to yourself not to get a new dog at all. But if you would still like animal companionship, you can consider whether another pet might suit you.
- Sustainable development can be based on growth
- How I'm put in high school
- How difficult is the A1 German test
- Is sex part of the healing process
- What is the significance of the study of forestry
- What famous books have you not read yet?
- What are the examples of occasional abuse
- Why is XGBoost better than SVM
- Can get white Ebola
- Which country has the smartest women
- Why do teachers give homework on vacation
- When are you heartbroken
- Is there an industry in Saudi Arabia
- When did the United States have hyperinflation?
- What is the best TV series website
- How do Australian universities recruit international students
- Why do people hate Bobby Flay
- Why do people have high standards
- What role do programmers play
- What would you serve with shrimp salad
- Eating bum can make you sick
- What do you think of Mongolian men
- What is an API Marketplace
- Why do Americans eat so much meat