Why are telescopes in domes
Rotation of the dome with the telescope
Mathematics helps in solving the problem. Basically it is just a transformation of different coordinate systems: one has the celestial pole as its center and shows us the celestial sphere with the stars above us - the other has the mounting axis in the observatory as its center and rotates around a vertical axis that is in the Zenit shows: it has the horizon as a reference point.
One coordinate system is called "Equatorial", the other "Azimuthal". The systems are named after the orientation of their 0 ° orientation: with the first mentioned it is the celestial equator (hence the name equatorial) and with the second it is the horizon. To add to the confusion, the equatorial system usually specifies the angle in hours and the horizontal system in degrees of the azimuth (an Arabic term for horizon angle).
The transformation from one coordinate system to the other with a little trigonometry helps:
Phi denotes the geographical latitude of the observer
DE is the declination of a star or object
SW is the hour angle (24 h corresponds to 360 °)
H is the height of an object
A is the azimuth angle of an object
H (height) = arc sin (sin Phi * sin DE + cos Phi * cos DE * cos SW)
A (zimut) = 2 * arc tan ((cos H + cos Phi * sin DE - sin Phi * cos DE * cos SW) / (cos DE * sin SW))
We are looking for the temporal change in the azimuth angle with the movement of the object in the starry sky, which is determined by the declination and hour angle. From this result, the motor is controlled, which always moves the narrow dome gap of 60 cm wide in front of the telescope so that the telescope cannot see the dome, but through the dome gap at the sky!
- What is everyone doing wrong with Seoul
- How good are bad teachers
- What are the benefits of outsourcing programs
- Which state has the highest divorce rate?
- How do I find buyers in the USA
- What are the best genes to have
- Which country has the most trustworthy women
- Which subway lines go to Paddington
- How do I get my wife horny
- Where is the registration office of CPT
- Are the arts important in modern society
- Muslims eat turkey
- Leaf air purifiers really clean air
- How do I slow down a relationship
- There are street parades in Taipei, Taiwan
- What is the real Singapore
- Why do we think about the future
- What makes Donald Trump ineligible?
- What are poisonous parents
- Why does Europe have so many peninsulas?
- Why do bullies give wedgies
- Why do countries grow at different speeds
- Why do people still hate America
- Which countries would colonize extraterrestrial planets first?