What is openCV
OpenCV: An open source library for professional image processing
OpenCV ("Computer Vision") is a collection of algorithms and data structures for image processing, recognition and interpretation to which the international academic and industrial image processing community is constantly adding new parts.
Many of the procedures included are based on the latest research, others are obscure, and unfortunately most of them are only extremely spartan.
The "OpenCV" library for Processing
Greg Borenstein offers a wrapper ("packaging") for the "real" OpenCV library for processing under the same name as the original. This offers particularly easy installation and directly executable example programs.
In addition, the library offers an "opencv" class (the confusion never stops), in which the author bundles everything he thinks is useful into a large lump that is supposed to be easier to use than the chic, freely combinable modules of the original (the object-oriented programmer's stomach turns here ...). The original modules can still be used.
To install you just have to go to Processing in the menu Import Sketch / Library / Add Library select and the library "OpenCV" search.
If you want to use data from a camera, you also have to install the "Video" library. (works the same way).
Documentation and sources of information
Useful example: "LiveCamTest"
Next, maybe take a look at the example “ContributedLibraries / OpenCV / LiveCamTest” - there the built-in camera of your laptop is used to recognize and mark faces.
If you have nothing else in mind, you can usually use almost exactly the code from the examples.
Useful tutorials, unfortunately only for C ++
An overview of all functions implemented in the processing wrapper: JavaDoc
Indispensable for a deeper understanding: A look at the source code
- What do moose eat
- What is Ramadan Kareem
- How can BGM affect an IT employee
- How much does a house cost in Canada
- Why do brits never drink coffee
- What is a police investigation
- Why is goose meat so expensive
- How is Queen Victoria mother of Europe?
- How do students pay to code boot camps
- Why does the back have to be cracked
- Why do I feel trapped in time
- Koreans are also vegetarians
- God forsake his children
- Has anyone memorized the whole Bible?
- Have you already lost your virginity?
- What ingredients are in non-alcoholic beverages
- What are night terrors in a toddler
- How many methods in music education
- Which cheese would you combine gumbo with?
- Who are some LGBTQ Singaporean politicians
- White invented racism
- Food for a Russian New Year party
- May men independent women 1
- Is there a website for sugar moms