Where does the name Christian come from?
Christian is a male name.
Christian (seldom also written Kristian) is a traditional first name that has been listed in the first name hit parades in Germany for a hundred years. Between 1970 and 1990 this boy's name was able to assert itself very well in the top group of the most popular first names. Now, however, a clear decline in "little Christians" can be observed.
The name Christian was given around 9,400 times as a first name in Germany from 2006 to 2018. This puts Christian in 202nd place on the first name hit list for this period. Kristian was awarded about 860 times (1.147 place) and Krystian 80 times (4,879 place).
Origin and meaning
The Latin first name Christianus has a Greek origin. Christian is the confessing name of the early Christians (christian sum means "I am a Christian"). One meaning of Christian is "followers of Christ". The Greek origin of the name means "the anointed one".
Name role models: Famous men named Christian
Christian as baby name of the week
- Cristiano (Italian)
- Crístían (Old Irish / Gaelic)
- Kristian (Scandinavian)
- Krystian (Polish)
- Krisch, Krischan, Chress, Chrestian (Rhenish)
The Catholic name day for Christian is November 12th.
At the moment Kristian is very popular as a baby name in Norway.
- What does Russia export
- What was Serbia Montenegro
- Deloitte is a Fortune 500 company
- What can we learn from history 1
- Can rotten teeth make you sick
- Why do people hate Generation Z.
- Canadians use rods
- Why does Hillary Clinton use crutches
- Why do I repeat myself
- What does that mean a lot
- PlanetSide 2 was a commercial success
- Political correctness is just an American thing
- Who are Native American people
- Why are oil companies so rich
- What impact will Zhihu have on China?
- What is the best choice in 2020
- Find a co-founder of websites successfully
- What's your Wal Mart horror story
- Some people are born to die
- Should I waste time studying international relations?
- How do you import and export regional food
- How are the houses in your country?
- Is that poisonous mold on my window
- Where can I find prompts