Makes General Motors Audi cars
Audi, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai - Google's new friends
The dominant smartphone system Android from Google comes into the car. The Internet group presented an alliance with several large car manufacturers on Monday, including Audi from Germany. The partners want to be the first to work on enabling new forms of integration of Android devices in the car. In addition, Android should also be adapted for the car to make driving safer and easier, it said in a Google blog entry.
What makes this part of the announcement interesting is that Google has been testing a fleet of self-driving cars for years. The chip specialist Nvidia, which is also part of the new alliance, presented a processor especially for robot cars at the electronics trade fair CES in Las Vegas. Allianz member Audi appeared as the first customer for the chip. The alliance is called the Open Automotive Alliance. It is a direct reference to the name of the Open Handset Alliance, from which Android emerged. Android is by far the most widely used smartphone operating system and, according to the latest available figures, had a market share of over 80 percent in the third quarter of 2013.
The Google system competes in parts with the Apple ecosystem "iOS in the Car" (iOSitC), which the iPhone manufacturer presented at its WWDC developer conference last summer. Manufacturers such as BMW, Merces-Benz, Ferrari and the new Google partner Audi are also on board in the Apple alliance. The car manufacturers General Motors, Honda and Hyundai, who are also all iOSitC partners at the same time, are also participating in the alliance led by Google. Other manufacturers are invited to "work on a common platform for innovations in the car".
Android in the car will bring drivers the apps and services they know and like and make it easier for drivers to implement new technologies, Google promised in the blog entry. Nvidia's Tegra K1 processor, unveiled on Sunday, could become a key element in connected and self-driving cars. It is specially designed for image processing in vehicles and is intended to control assistance systems equipped with cameras. Such systems, for example, notice pedestrians, monitor blind spots or recognize street signs. Nvidia has increased the computing power of the Tegra K1 tenfold compared to previous processors with the same power consumption.
The chip could also drive the screens that are supposed to replace the traditional pointer displays in car cockpits, for example for speed. The new chip can also be programmed by radio so that car manufacturers can adapt it to new functions without visiting the workshop.
- Why is hell a dirty word
- Why does Elon Musk eat so fast
- Why was Hitler arrogant
- What is Littlefinger's overall goal
- Why is Uttar Pradesh so notorious
- Which ends most high school relationships
- Which country has the most diverse climate
- Is homeopathic medicine reliable
- What does Machu Picchu look like
- Are ENFPs more like empaths
- How useful is your senior card
- Does DBS really end
- Is cultural appropriation part of white culture
- How important is Gimli to the community
- The Chinese eat insects
- Why does Europe have so many peninsulas?
- Why should anyone stop reevaluating their life?
- Hate Sasuke Uchiha
- What's ugly in Korean
- Why can't we fix immigration?
- Lead Japan, Korea and China Asia
- All lawyers have human skills
- How is market risk measured
- How are NGO owners paid
- What does CISF
- What do weather fronts look like
- How much do churches earn with tithing
- What do the farmers do in the morning
- What is the libertarian view of sweatshirts
- Is Indonesia facing a real estate bubble today?
- How are SaaS companies rated before revenue
- Why does music sound similar these days
- How much bribery can an ias take
- How can I hope in humanity