What can you say about Greek girls
What was a woman's life like in Greece?
The everyday life of women in Greece was completely different from that of men. And also depended on the city-state (polis) in which the women lived. Although the life of the Spartans was hard and often cruel, the women in Sparta, for example, had more rights than the women in Athens or in other city-states (Poleis). In wealthy Athenian families, women often lived separately from men. Most of them were on the upper floor of the house. They were not allowed to attend the men's festivals. They were not allowed to own anything and could not inherit any money.
It is controversial among historians whether women were really despised or not even as "Mistress in the house" enjoyed a certain reputation. In any case, women rarely took part in public life, but mostly lived secluded in the house.
Here the women had their own area, the one "gyneikon" called. Wealthy women supervised the household, the slaves did the work. Poor women also had to go out of the house, e.g. to the market, to go shopping. Even women farmers could not withdraw into the house, they had to work in the fields and look after the cattle. As a result, however, they took part in everyday life more than the noble ladies in their apartments.
Very few girls learned to write, arithmetic and read. Your later chores should be cooking, spinning, weaving, and looking after the household. They were prepared for this very early on.
- What's going on in a pet daycare
- Have you fought in life
- How is homework beneficial
- How do you respond to calls
- Ain't life difficult
- There are prominent Papuans in Indonesia
- What is the life of a YG Entertainment trainee like
- What brings you down in life
- What do the Vietnamese think of the Cham people?
- Is there corruption in Singapore's politics?
- The use of pills can lead to weight gain
- How to calculate steel in construction
- What's the worst about Sweden
- How much does web scraping cost
- Are there old correct movements in Africa?
- How do I find the latest geothermal technology
- How Much Garlic Should I Eat 1
- Can family planning pills cause a yeast infection
- Do boys ever have fantasies about girls
- Why did the MeToo movement stop
- Will the poppy syndrome hurt Australia
- What's wrong with the Pakistani economy
- Egg is vegetarian or not vegetarian
- How does air affect concrete?