What makes you see suits
12 tips how to properly wear a suit
The next event is just around the corner and everyone is desperately looking for it perfect outfit, Not? How about one new men's suit for the best days of the year? At Hockerty, we think you can with a great suit don't do anything wrong. Or is it?
Our blogger team sat down and the Top 12 insider tips picked out how to wear your suit and what mistakes to avoid.
Photo by Ruthson Zimmerman on Unsplash
Here are our 12 insider tips
1. NEVER button the bottom button of the suit jacket
It doesn't matter whether you've got hold of a tailor-made suit online or in the store. Only the middle button of the jacket is buttoned. The bottom button remains ALWAYS open.
Read more about it in our blog post: suit buttons, everything you need to know
2. NEVER forget to unbutton your jacket when you sit down
Don't ruin the shape of your suit. Make sure to unbutton your suit jacket to be more comfortable and to prevent the buttons from flying around while you eat.
Find your perfect tailor-made jacket here.
3. ALWAYS keep the top button of your shirt closed
Shirt buttons are there to be closed. And yes, ALL! If you can't close the top button, you definitely need a new shirt! A shirt has to fit perfectly, on the neck and also on the sleeves, don't forget that!
Discover ours here Men's shirt collection.
4. NEVER let the shirt cuffs go over your hands.
Shirt sleeves are important in keeping you looking neat and sharp. Therefore, you should make sure that they are the right length and fit. Ideally, a half-inch of the cuff on your shirt arm should appear under your jacket arm.
5. NEVER look like you are suffocating yourself
A shirt collar should always fit perfectly, as it should never let you suffocate. You should be comfortable in your Christmas suit, so place two fingers between your skin and collar to make sure it fits snugly. Also note that shirts sometimes shrink and they need to have a wider collar if you want to wear this shirt after Christmas.
Read more about the in our blog post here best shirt collar to you.
6. ALWAYS wear a jacket that fits
The jacket must be cut so that it is not too loose or too tight on the chest. A great tip is to place three fingers vertically between your jacket and your stomach. And, you should be able to slide your hand between your chest and your buttoned jacket so that it feels comfortably dressed and gives you freedom of movement.
Read more in our blog post about how a Has to fit men's blazer.
7. NEVER let your socks be seen
Find a pair of pants that fit you. It shouldn't be too short or too long. The pants should sit lightly on your shoes. There are no exceptions here.
Discover here is ours Sock collection.
8. ALWAYS wear socks that fit
Make sure your socks are long enough. Nobody wants to see your hairy legs between pants and socks when you sit down. Especially if you wear fancy socks with a pattern.
Photo by Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash
9. It's a match [ALWAYS]: belt and shoe color
There are no exceptions. Mixtures of colors are not welcome for shoes and belts. The same goes for your watch. The leather bracelet must match the belt and shoe color.
Discover ours here Belt.
10. NEVER wear a black suit with brown shoes
More common these days, but definitely a fat NO GO. Black and brown shouldn't be worn together. The same is true in reverse. Never wear a brown suit with black shoes.
Read more about how to Suit and shoes can be combined here.
11. ALWAYS tie the tie until it goes to your belt
Hide the buttons of your shirt behind the tie.
Read more in our English blog post, How you do your The best way to combine your shirt and your tie.
Do you fancy a bow tie more? Then read more about it here how to wear a bow tie in our blog post about it.
Photo by Javier Reyes on Unsplash
12. NEVER wear a pocket square the same color as your tie
A pocket square gives you that extra something to look even more elegant and formal. But always make sure that it isn't the same color or pattern as your tie.
Find ours herePocket squares.
Are you an expert now? Share your knowledge with your friends. How about a Hockerty gift card?
- What makes you laugh uncontrollably?
- Which country has the most beautiful population
- Are libraries out of date
- Why do Irish people have curly hair
- What's your secret to fishing
- What is a water park
- Should an MVP be outsourced
- How could I get through puberty faster?
- Relationships get boring
- What are affordable 5 star umrah packages
- What is it like to meet a feminist
- Do pet rats smell bad
- How can you thoroughly clean your room
- What's your favorite potato salad recipe
- What are the worst unions for workers
- How do I become a hard-working teenager
- What is your credit score horror story
- How much do investigators earn at the crime scene
- Who are the hostile countries of Colombia
- What do parents like about their children?
- What is picture rail
- How much life is more difficult for you
- What was the best song from GDR
- Christian Household Discipline Why do I care