May cause shaking hands in back pain
Trembling hands in adolescence
What are trembling hands in adolescence?
Trembling hands are not uncommon, and in adolescence they are usually not a cause for concern. By definition, a trembling hand is one uncontrolled, involuntary, but rhythmic hand movementwhich mostly also includes the forearms. The frequency with which the tremors occur can vary from illness to illness.
The most common causes of trembling hands in adolescence differ significantly from the causes in old age.
Typically there is a so-called in adolescence essential tremor, as Hyperthyroidism or Drug or alcohol usethat trigger the tremors. Most of these causes are reversible or well treatable with medication.
The essential tremor is a form of trembling that up to now cannot be attributed to a cause. It is believed that it is a combination of various neural defects that causes the tremor.
Typical of essential tremor is that it affects not only the hands but also the head and causes the vocal folds to tremble, which is expressed in a voice that varies in height over and over again. Since the cause has not yet been clarified, the therapy can only be symptomatic. Often show so-called Beta blockers, which are otherwise used in high blood pressure patients, have a good effect.
However, the disease shows one intra-family accumulation, so it can be assumed that the disease can be passed on.
You might also be interested in the following article:Essential tremor
However, hand tremors can also be signs of a Hyperthyroidism, a so-called Hyperthyroidism be. In most cases, an overactive thyroid is a so-called autoimmune disease.
The body aligns itself with parts of its own Immune system against the body's own structures, can destroy them or, in some cases, intensify them enormously. For example, with a form of thyroid disease. The thyroid is then stimulated to produce more thyroid hormones, which is why that Hormone levels increases beyond the physiological level.
In addition to an increased pulse and a feeling of heat, trembling of the hands is also a symptom of the overactive thyroid.
You might also be interested in the following articles:
drug consumption On the one hand, it can make itself felt with trembling hands due to its side effects, on the other hand it can also be a sign of the beginning of "poisoning".
Do the drugs affect that dopaminergic system which part of the nervous system is affected by Parkinson's disease, drug use can lead to side effects that are strongly reminiscent of a Parkinson's disease remember and usually impress with trembling hands.
Similar to alcohol, the tremor can be associated with drug use but also as a Consequence of drug withdrawal be seen. In addition to the tremors, there is also cold sweat and mixed thoughts.
Also read:Consequences of drugs
Shaking hands is in the context of alcohol consumption mostly a withdrawal symptom, this occurs when a body that is used to alcohol begins to abstain from alcohol.
- In addition to the tremor, there are other symptoms such as Cold perspiration and a high blood pressure a. The people are in theirs Movements moreover mostly erratic and seemingly absent with her thoughts.
Rarely can a hand shake even with oneAlcohol poisoning deploy. Here, hand shaking is usually not noticeable when you are resting, but rather with your arm outstretched.
Since the tremor is a typical withdrawal symptom, it can be reduced with medication, but it cannot be completely suppressed.
You might also be interested in the following article:Alcohol withdrawal
The Hypoglycaemia (also Hypoglycemia called) is a phenomenon that cannot actually occur in healthy people.
- Common cause is that excessive use of insulin, which is responsible for lowering the blood sugar level and transporting the sugar into the body cells. Due to its anabolic effect, insulin is no longer only used by diabetics, but also by strength athletes.
- A Inflammation of the pancreas Another possibility would be to experience abnormally high levels of insulin, which then leads to hypoglycaemia.
The trembling of the hands is the first warning signal from the body that the sugar level in the blood has fallen below the physiological limit. If the sugar level continues to drop, come Cold sweats, tremors all over the body, loss of consciousness and in the worst case the death as a final consequence.
Under stress there can often be a Reinforcement of the so-called physiological tremor come. The physiological tremor is always present and basically ensures that movements do not have to be started from the complete rest position.
So some slight tremor is normal with any outstretched arm or hand. In stressful situations it comes about by activating the sympathetic nervous system and the Release of stress hormones This causes the stress-related tremors to reach an amplitude that
visible to the human eye.
If the tremors don't go away after the stress has subsided, one should doctor or possibly also one Psychologists to seek out.
You might also be interested in the following article:Consequences of stress
The diagnosis of exactly which disease is hidden behind the trembling of the hands, if it is a disease, can take different lengths of time. Especially in terms of Alcohol or drug use Patients must be open and honest with their doctor in order to protect themselves from overdiagnosis and the associated unnecessary physical stress.
In many cases, a corresponding suspected diagnosis already results from a corresponding one Patient's medical history. Only in later stages of diagnosis can a MRI or CT can be used to verify or falsify different suspected diagnoses.
You might also be interested in the following article:Hands are shaking
Other accompanying symptoms
The symptoms that may be present in addition to the hand tremors depend on the disease that causes the hand tremors.
- In theHypoglycemia, so too little sugar in the blood, for example, the tremor is often with a Cold perspiration paired.
The cold sweat can also be found, for example, in people who are currently under one Drug or alcohol withdrawal stand and are part of the withdrawal syndrome.
Also read: drug withdrawal
- At the essential tremor besides a tremor of the hands there is also another constant rotational movement in the cervical spine as well as a constant variance in the voice of the affected person, as the vocal cords are also subject to tremors.
- Should really already be one in adolescence Parkinson's Syndrome set, this is through that Triad (Tremors, stiffness and lack of movement).
However, this combination does not always have to mean that the person has Parkinson's disease. It can also be found at so-called parkinsonoid syndromes.
If the shaking hands were an expression of an overactive thyroid, one could observe an increased energy expenditure in the affected person, the heart would presumably beat with a slightly increased heart rate and there would be an increased tendency to sweat.
Do you also suffer from dizziness? Then also read:Dizziness and tremors
Back pain with trembling hands?
Scientifically, no connections could be established between trembling hands in adolescents and simultaneous back pain.
However, both symptoms may appear independently.
Do you or your child suffer from back pain? Then read more here:
Dizziness is a relative unspecific symptom and could be related to the shaky hands of adolescence from a number of different sources.
- For example, it would be conceivable Drug side effects.
The drug against the so-called essential tremor mainly causes a drop in blood pressure. If this attack is too big, it is possible that the brain is no longer supplied with sufficient blood and that dizziness sets in as a warning symptom of the body.
- Furthermore are parkinsonoid syndromes known, which are sometimes associated with a disturbed sense of balance.
If the dizziness persists, it should be clarified by a doctor. He may or may not have to do with the trembling hands.
Also read: Dizziness and tremors
Treatment / therapy
Since trembling hands in adolescence cannot be traced back to a single illness, the respective therapies also differ.
- Is the Alcohol or drug withdrawal the reason for the shakiness, you can try to reduce the dose of the remedy in small steps so that the body slowly gets used to normal again and withdrawal is not that difficult. However, this differs from drug to drug and requires competent advice from the responsible specialist.
- A Hyperthyroidism is usually treated with a drug intervention in the self-regulation system of the thyroid gland. Only in extremely rare cases, when conservative measures are unsuccessful, an operation to remove the thyroid may be indicated. Thereafter, however, thyroid hormones must be substituted for life.
- A essential tremor is also treated with medication. This is mainly done with drugs that affect blood pressure; but have also proven themselves in the treatment of essential tremor.
- Is part of the tremor Dopamine deficiency underlying - as is the case with Parkinson's - the dopamine is also supplied.
Duration / forecast
If the reasons for the trembling hands are actual illnesses, in most cases they actually last lifelong at.
Both one Autoimmune disease, one Hyperthyroidism, one Parkinson's disease as well as one essential tremor one cannot cure the cause, but only treat symptomatically. Since Parkinson's almost never occurs in adolescence, this clinical picture should be excluded when it is said that a normal life expectancy is associated with both essential tremor and hyperthyroidism.
The shakiness due to withdrawal symptoms, on the other hand, is more of a short-term duration and also disappears again after the withdrawal.
Course of disease
The course of the disease is usually benign and enables a normal life expectancy.
Exceptions to this apply, for example, to Parkinson's disease or tremors due to a brain tumor. However, both causes are extremely rare and are only responsible for the tremors in exceptional cases.
A Hyperthyroidism can be treated quite well and hardly leads to noticeably negative consequences of the disease, provided the medication is well adapted. The same applies to the essential tremor. It is not a reason for premature death, but can also be easily controlled with medication.
- What's your favorite potato salad recipe
- What is your favorite fried rice recipe
- Work height calculator for adults
- What are antacids
- Is 22 years old
- How dirty words became insulting
- How does one person manage project managers
- Why is dating so confusing and complicated
- The practice of gratitude has positive psychological effects
- What lies do you tell people
- Is Donald Trump a Populist 1
- What makes good bread
- Which is the best GCC country
- Where does discrimination come from
- Which famous actors served in the military
- Televangelism really heals the sick
- What difficulties did you encounter while planning?
- Are public domain libraries really useful?
- Vietnamese eat with hands like Indonesians
- Who wrote the first Bible
- Let China collapse when its exports collapse
- What are the best Indian vegetarian recipes
- What is an australian kiss
- Can polar bears freeze
- What is OK for in short
- What is the official retirement age
- Can an ENT pretend to like someone
- Why do we need deadlines
- How do you like your omelette
- Is China's economy better than the Indian economy
- Cats worry about their owners
- Trading can be profitable
- How do Americans see Islam