Indian spices are readily available in Toronto
Escape to the islands, picnic under glass and a culinary trip around the world in a single district: Insiders reveal their favorite places in the Canadian metropolis of Toronto. In the blog "Spotted by Locals", locals write about their city in English. The from Süddeutsche.de Tips for Toronto translated into German continue the city break series that appears every Tuesday.
7 West Cafe
"For more than 20 years, this hidden Toronto gem has been there for city explorers and hungry locals alike. I've been coming here for over 15 years and it never loses its appeal.
Brick walls and dark wooden tables make it a lovely eatery, and it's only three minutes south of Yonge and Bloor. This is Toronto's central subway transfer intersection and an unofficial hub for visitors looking to explore off the beaten path.
The menu includes pizza, pasta, sandwiches and salads. My favorite thing is the Penne Arrabiata (lunch for $ 12.95, dinner for $ 15.95), the most expensive dish on the menu in the evening.
When the sun is gone, the 7 West is transformed into a romantic place thanks to decorations and candlelight, but it doesn't look formal. Thanks to various coffee specialties, teas, a small but inviting wine list and the varied music, you will definitely like it here.
The café is open 24 hours. Always, even at Christmas. Remember that each floor has a different rhythm, the first is still very quiet, the third is the loudest and is only open in the evening.
I've stayed here many nights. It is a place for night owls, late night travelers or those who do not get much sleep "
7 West Cafe, 7 Charles Street West
Text and image: Mauricio Alas, Spotted by Locals Toronto
- What are some popular snacks from Turkey
- How will the recession affect software jobs
- How do we dream in sleep
- What am I supposed to do all day
- Why is deforestation a thing
- What are the legal benefits of marriage
- How much does Infosys pay in Australia
- What was your most important relationship hour
- What is your ideal vacation
- How do you feel about older adults?
- What are some truths about technology
- Why didn't Wilt Chamberlain win more championships
- Project managers do a lot
- It is worth buying the iPhone SE
- Who will win the World Cup in 2022
- Do older women really love younger men
- Why don't Americans speak British English
- Requires gender equality. Gender equality
- What are the best Cantonese audio dictionaries
- Is the morning good for you
- What is the cheapest car pool in Karnataka
- Can auditors become investment bankers?
- Should I buy Hyundai cars
- How advanced is China's technology really?
- I need an overflow
- What was Roman banking like?
- Who will win between Amazon and Walmart
- Can Sunnis and Shiites marry
- How are new buildings measured during construction
- It gets easier 1
- How can I learn about Santeria
- Should I move out of California 3
- Is the market value adjusted for stock inflation
- What do you like about Wing Chun