What happens to the Indian engineers
India: Studied engineers are not employable
Dual education system is the need of the hour where the youth can be imparted vocational training along with regular studies.
Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, has said engineering students are not employable as there is a complete disconnect between the industry and education. "In India, education gives us knowledge but there is a missing link educational institutions and various industries due to which employability is still an issue," he said.
"We stress on quality manpower only when it comes to personal services and not when it comes to employing workers in the industry. The flaw is in our mindset, we usually compromise on the workforce efficiency to save on cost. We need to address this behavioral pattern of the industry and start investing in our youth, "said Pradhan.
He said this at the launch of the road show 'Skill Connect', which aims to enhance awareness and participation of industry in the Skill development agenda with a special focus on apprenticeship. The road show is being conducted by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
Pradhan stressed on the need to emulate Germany that follows a dual education system, where equal importance is given to academic as well as industrial training.
"While Germany has a three layered education system where industry and government work closely with each other and 70 percent contributions are made by the industry, India has maximum investment from the government exchequer," said the minister.
Pradhan added, "We can be self-sufficient if we tap the right opportunities and skill our own workforce to bridge the demand and supply gap. Apprenticeship is one the most sustainable model for addressing the issue of unemployment and employability."
The road show will be rolled through a series of workshops and seminars in more than 20 locations across India. The participants in the workshops would include the local / regional industry associations, companies, the state and the central government, and training partners.
- What is stale gasoline
- How does an unwashed vagina smell?
- Which direction points to Allah
- What are the arguments against the linguistic theory of relativity
- Education decides our future
- What are the options for Python programmers
- What are some guidelines for reviewing Java code
- Should a husband give money to his wife
- Why did my life never go right?
- Helps homeopathy with problems with the lumbar spine
- What happens in a firefight
- How can I get rid of mice
- Who sang the song Stairway to Heaven
- Why Indian youth are unemployed
- I am 24 years old and I can get married
- What is your hometown famous for?
- Was Saddam Hussein an Illuminati?
- How much bigger will HGH make me
- What is BBG in the insurance industry
- Measles leave scars
- Whiteness floss white
- Which TMT bar is good for construction
- What is a prosecutor
- Western culture disappears from now on
- What is utoplennik in Russian
- Can read deaf people
- Why is saving important?
- Fart girl girl
- What was your naughty hitchhiking experience
- Wear your school uniform
- How can the border dispute over Belgaum be ended
- How to spot smelly code
- What do Hogwarts students do on the weekend
- People love each other in old age