Are Turks and Azerbaijanis seen as white
Azerbaijanis and Turks celebrate victory against Armenia with military parade
Presidents Aliyev and Erdoğan are threatening Armenia with an "iron fist" at victory celebrations in Baku if it becomes rebellious again. Turkish contingents took part in the parade.
In the Azerbaijani capital Baku, the success in the recent war against Armenia for the Nagorno-Karabakh region was celebrated on Thursday with a large and politically telling military parade. In addition to Azerbaijani units with tanks, infantry, artillery and drones, considerable sections of the Turkish armed forces also took part in the parade - according to reports, there were even around 3,000 men.
And that's not enough: The Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, watched the parade on site. In a speech addressed to the leadership of defeated Armenia, he called for "courageous steps" to develop good neighborly relations. Armenia must also be held accountable for the destruction of cities and historical landmarks. Erdoğan spoke of an "epic battle" and a "glorious victory".
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev thanked the Turkish President, his ally, and stressed the importance of relations between the two countries. He directed sharp words to his Christian neighbor: If Armenian aggression were to continue in the South Caucasus region, the "iron fist of Azerbaijan" would "break their backs" again.
Turkey supported Azerbaijan as an ally, significantly upgrading its armed forces and providing intelligence information during the war. There is also talk of Turkish officers in Azeris staff and help with the use of combat drones.
In addition, according to Western information, the Turks are likely to have brought several thousand Islamist Syrian fighters to Azerbaijan to fight the Armenians. Ankara and Baku deny this.
For decades, both former Soviet republics have been fighting over and over again for Nagorno-Karabakh, an essentially Armenian exclave on the territory of Azerbaijan. In the 1990s, the then superior Armenian army had occupied the exclave as well as the ethnic Azeri region.
How the situation has changed
Armenia later weakened due to political and economic problems, the armed forces stagnated, while the authoritarian oil-producing country Azerbaijan experienced a certain economic boom and strengthened its military with the help of Turkey, Israel and South Africa, among others.
In the war from the end of September to November 9, the Armenian defense of Nagorno-Karabakh soon collapsed at important sections. The main reasons were the great numerical and qualitative superiority of the Azeris, the reluctance of the Armenian air forces and the extremely successful use of drones of Turkish and Israeli origin, for example.
"Turkey soon near Vienna"
A ceasefire brokered by Russia with extended consequences is unfavorable for Armenia, it will have to give up most of Karabakh. Many Armenians see the deal, to which their government had to agree, as a defeat. Almost 2,000 Russian peacekeepers control the ceasefire, which went into effect on November 10th.
Incidentally, shortly after the start of the war, Armenia's head of government, Nikol Pashinyan, warned Europe against looking the other way, failing to help Armenia and Turkey in general: “If the international community does not correctly assess the geopolitical significance of this situation, Europe should Turkey expect near Vienna soon, "said Pashinyan.
And: Turkey returned to the South Caucasus after a hundred years "to continue the genocide of the Armenians that took place in Turkey in 1915".
(APA / DPA / wg)
- Do your children go to day care centers
- What makes your day exciting
- What is your rating of Vakilsearch
- Have you been to prison before?
- How was the 2nd of December SAT
- Ain't life difficult
- Where was the Koran created
- What is a vacation request
- What will be the legacy of President Obamas
- What are some effective ways to flirt
- Where is extraterrestrial life most likely?
- Why does nobody like me at school
- Why is Amazon worth more than Walmart
- What is Guyana
- How is Ellen DeGeneres personally
- Why are the Social Justice Warriors losing
- How useful are industry standards in construction
- How useful is demographics
- What is the strangest country name
- What is Interpersonal Management Skill
- How is the music industry structured
- Why do students fail
- Which Chinese food is low in calories?
- Can the EU overtake the US?
- It always rains after snow
- Why are French women slim
- Which startups are hiring remote software developers?
- How should I think as a manager
- Why are office jobs so stressful
- How bad are labor rights in Vietnam
- Is the age of 80 years old 1
- What is the easiest weapon to master
- How is the application of IoT growing?
- Why are there diseases