How are the houses in your country?
In her new thriller, Nicola Förg deals with the subject of living. Hello spoke to her about life in the country
People in Munich have known for a long time that looking for an apartment can be annoying. How dangerous it can actually be, however, is shown by Nicola Förg in her new crime thriller "Bad Houses". Because actually Commissioner Irmi Mangold only wanted to visit a farm when another prospective buyer was shot next to her. Hallo spoke to the author about the novel, her own life on the pony farm.
Interview with Nicola Förg: "There are no houses around us, only meadows and forests."
Ms. Förg, what makes a house a bad house?
I'm not a great esotericist, but I do believe that there are places that exude power and energy. Old houses usually have a good atmosphere, perhaps because of the building materials that were used back then: wood, clay. With some houses, on the other hand, you stand in front of it and a cold shower runs down your spine. And then there are modern, efficient low-energy houses: Completely neutral, they will not exude any charm even 100 years from now.
You live on a farm in Prem am Lech. How is it life there?
There are no houses around us, only meadows and forests. A great, weighty silence. At night it is really dark, you can see the clear starry sky, the Milky Way. I am currently looking out of the window and see the horses strolling around.
Also. The farrier was just there, I smell a bit strong, I'm wearing dirty work trousers. Life on the pony farm is sometimes less romantic than you might imagine. Lots of animals also make a lot of work - we have horses, cats, dogs, goats, bees here. There is always something to be done.
That sounds like Munich isn't an option for you.
In fact, I lived in Munich for twelve years. In a beautiful, old - not at all bad - house on Untere Weidenstrasse in Untergiesing. But at some point I realized that I knew every root and every stone in the Isar valley personally from mountain biking. I am more of the nature and movement person and I felt that after a long abstinence I wanted to have a horse again.
Nicola Förg in an interview: "It hurts that none of this can happen."
So out to the country!
At the moment, life on the farm has another big advantage: We have our rhythm even in lockdown. Feeding animals, mucking up, moving horses - thank God animals don't care what is going on in the world. They are real and true, that helps against corona blues.
Corona interferes with you on a different level: Like your last thriller, “Böse Houses” appears in a time without readings.
This is my 22nd crime thriller. Granted, the release isn't quite as spectacular for me as the first. But the release date is an emotional time. You exchange ideas, talk to fans, and read the text yourself again. Normally the premiere at the Munich Crime Festival would soon be coming up. It hurts that none of this can happen. Because somehow, as a writer, it feels like the book doesn't seem right at all.
How is it written during lockdown?
For me, writing is a rather lonely job in my office, where I can concentrate. The lockdown doesn't change that. But creating output without input is difficult. I have to admit: I often listen to the conversations at the next table. The regulars in the beer garden, they often have great stories to tell. You can't think of something like that. I miss hearing these bizarre stories and dialogues very much.
Great raffle: Win Nicola Förg's new crime thriller.
- What is the steepest angle for stairs
- How do you get lucrative government contracts
- Why do you fish so hard
- Why is it illegal to destroy money?
- Who is more overrated Brady or Jeter
- Who is the biggest striker of FC Barcelona?
- Are there any programming jobs left?
- Why does Donald Trump bother Jeff Bezos
- What are some edible marijuana recipes
- Which is correct detail or details
- What was your worst outdoor cooking experience
- How common are epicanthic folds
- How rich would Mr. Krabs be
- Can Russians have dual citizenship
- Why is China stealing IP
- What does an Associate Product Manager do
- Americans are inherently hostile to foreigners
- Why is Taiwan threatened by China
- What are some new medical devices
- What Causes Discrimination in America and Why
- What is the most underrated fast food chain
- How bad is driving without a driver's license
- What is the legal definition of possession
- What are your dream goals and aspirations
- Can luxury cars attract the wrong attention
- Which Scandinavian country is the coldest?
- How is IT implemented in startup companies
- What was the former name of Iraq
- What makes men only see women sexually
- Why don't the Chinese hug
- Is Iran an Islamic country
- Why is my dog licking my face
- How do autonomous vehicles recognize emergency vehicles