Which colors do not appear on country flags?
World game: flags in order - everything on red
National flags of the 100 most populous countries in the world, arranged according to colors and shapes: the tidy world of flags shows plenty of red on all continents. Just before white, red is the most popular of all flag colors and appears in almost three quarters of all national flags worldwide - blue in at least half. From the middle of the 20th century, green caught up enormously thanks to the wave of independence in Africa: More than 80 percent of all African countries have green in their flags, around 44 percent worldwide. Incidentally, the multicolor world record is held by the twelve-color wonder of Belize.
Popular symbols (multi-colored ones are missing in our graphic) are plants, such as the maple leaf in Canada (1), and animals, such as the steppe eagle under the golden sun in Kazakhstan (2). Weapons are also particularly common - from machetes (Angola, 3) to swords (Sri Lanka, 4, and Saudi Arabia, 5) to Kalashnikovs (Mozambique, 6). And then of course the omnipresent celestial bodies: sickle moons, rising suns, multi-pointed stars up to the complete star constellation on the flag of Brazil (7), which depicts the starry sky over Rio de Janeiro on the morning of the founding of the republic on November 15, 1889.
Probably the most individual national flag belongs to Nepal, which with the sun, moon and star on red-white-blue flags in color and symbolically with the mass - but has the only non-rectangular state flag in the world: the double pennant (8) is intended to direct the viewer to the mountain peaks of the Remember Himalaya.
GEO Kosmos: World Games
World game competition, global12 images
- What is the future of information technology
- What exactly is a payroll business
- Who will benefit from the Greek crisis
- Depression can lead to forgetfulness
- Can plants eat other plants?
- Are German universities really free
- Who wins between Killua and Kurapika
- What is the option for weekend jobs
- Why do I pee every hour
- What does the renovation of the office cost?
- What is a Cuban sandwich made of
- What makes someone an intellectual
- How can I crack the SOF Olympics
- Is it worth joining AmeriCorps
- What are the most basic abdominal exercises
- How does blockchain differ from other technologies?
- How bright is a welding arc
- How can you trust an ethical hacker
- What are Gulf States
- Can I complain against my boss?
- Why do Africans move to France
- How can you clean an unsealed mortar?
- What is Nigeria best known for
- How is it that the most interesting people die