How is Mongolian lambskin made
Focus on Tibetan lambskin
One of the most popular lambskins in the world is the lambskin from Tibet: a particularly beautiful, fine lambskin with great corkscrew curls. But where exactly does the fur come from and what are its special features? On this page you can read more about Tibetan lambskin.
Tibet lambskin origin
Tibet is a region in China where shepherding for sheep and goats has a great tradition. Located high in the Himalayas, the region has very special climatic properties to which the sheep have adapted over thousands of years. The sheep roam freely through the breathtaking nature and are looked after by experienced farmers. Sheep are kept as an important source of meat in Tibet. In the local meat production, the fur of the animals is left over and is further processed as a by-product. As with any other lambskin, the same applies to fur from Tibet: not every fur is the same, there are visible differences in quality.
The Tibetan plateau
The quality of a fur is divided into standard and premium. Most of the lambskins are standard quality, while some are premium quality. Sheep are never bred specifically for the quality of the fur, as the animals are raised for the meat, not the fur. Therefore, the premium quality is a natural deviation from the norm. On the one hand, premium quality has something to do with chance, but it is also dependent on local conditions. The same applies to sheep as to other animals - a happy animal has the best fur. Since animal welfare and quality are always our top priorities, the particularly high quality of the fur is a logical consequence.
Tibetan lambskin properties
Lambskin from Tibet is known for the small, fine curls that the fur has. These curls resemble a corkscrew with the small spirals, which is why they are often called "corkscrew curls". The curls are between 10 and 15 cm long and are unique in this form. Similar to lambskins from Tibet, Mongolian lambskins also have these fine curls, but mostly not of this high quality. The high quality can be recognized by several aspects: the density of the fur, the number of curls and the fineness of the curls.
While the density of the fur is relatively self-explanatory, the other two aspects are a bit more specific. The number of curls describes how many curls can be found in one strand. Each of these corkscrew strands has a certain number of curls - and the following applies here: 7-9 curls are a sign of high quality. Also, fine strands, which are still clearly visible, can only be found in high-quality fur.
Tibetan lambskin variants
Tibetan lambskin is naturally white. Often there are lambskins that have a very strong yellow tinge - but not the lambskin from Tibet. Due to the local conditions, the coat does not get as dirty in nature and remains naturally white. This white color also makes it possible to dye the Tibetan lambskin.
That is why the Tibetan lambskin is available in over 20 different colors. There are classic colors like white, black, gray and brown, trendy colors like pink, burgundy and dark green, fun colors like green, yellow and pink, and pastel colors like light pink, light yellow or light blue.
Tibet lambskins in all colors
In addition to the many different color variants, Tibetan lambskins are also available in different designs. There are different skins, carpets, pillows and seat pads. There are the following varieties of skins and carpets:
There are three different pillows with Tibetan lambskin:
All three pillows come with a removable filling so that it can be washed or replaced at any time. The chair pads made of Tibetan lambskin are round and measure 37 cm in diameter:
Here you will find all further entries in our series "Felle in Focus"
Write a comment
- Cologne smells differently on different bodies
- Why don't electricians drive electric cars
- Why are the French so elite
- How is the salary development in Deloitte
- Music moves you emotionally
- Can the police stamp you from behind
- Will Brexit create jobs
- It gets easier 1
- Is life only fair
- What should I see in Beijing
- How does Dr. Pepper
- Your child with ADHD is scared
- Has anyone ever had an herb abortion
- Is Fortnite okay for 12-year-olds
- Who was the first prophet of Christianity
- What is the race of the best looking women?
- The word secretary is considered politically incorrect
- What best to think about education
- Why do people call millennials rude
- Which frustrates most programmers
- Which country has the best traditions
- How does experience change suffering?
- How was your first semester
- May women get poems from men
- Which is better Bsc or BCS
- What are some internships for chemical engineers
- Why do I like to feel emotionally hurt
- Is it dangerous to eat canned food?
- Why do people stop supporting a charity?
- How would you deal with a difficult customer
- I have a yeast infection
- How long do income differences last?
- Which is the most amazing portable device
- How do you say hard in Greek