Do Guangxi and Guangdong still speak Cantonese
Interesting facts about the Cantonese language
Cantonese (another name is: Yue) is one of the most widely spoken languages in China. 22 million people in China and around the world speak Cantonese. Cantonese is spoken mainly in southern China (in the provinces of Guangdong and Guanxi). In the two special administrative areas of China - Hong Kong and Macau - Cantonese has the status of the official language. There are also notably large groups of speakers in Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, the USA and Canada, for example.
Cantonese is considered a dialect of Chinese by linguists. Its linguistic structure, its pronunciation and its grammar are so complex that one could call it an independent language. From a historical point of view, Cantonese is also of great importance within China: The language was widespread due to the economically strong position of the Per River Delta in southern China, where Cantonese is spoken. Due to the strong economic power of the region in the south, Cantonese is still very important within China today.
Differences between Standard Chinese and Cantonese
Cantonese differs significantly from standard Chinese (Mandarin). Mandarin has five tones that you have to distinguish when pronouncing them, while the Cantonese dialect has nine tones. In addition to the differences in pronunciation, there are major differences in grammar and vocabulary between the two languages. When talking about the differences between Standard Chinese and Cantonese, linguists often use a comparison with the Romance language family: anyone who speaks Spanish is a long way from understanding French. In this respect, it is also a new and interesting challenge for people who have already learned Mandarin to deal with Cantonese.
But even beginners will quickly find access to this language with our language course: All words and phrases were spoken by native speakers. Under the characters you will always find a description of the pronunciation in Latin letters. You will also find pronunciation aid for Cantonese tones there.
- Where was the Koran created
- What is excess
- China is the next superpower in the world
- When is it haram to pray fajr?
- What is Interpersonal Management Skill
- Open-minded people are naturally more intelligent
- Are there interfaith marriages in Kerala?
- Who is your favorite pakistani
- Vietnamese eat with hands like Indonesians
- What's your best Halloween costume picture
- Can music change society?
- How is ECE doing at BIT Mesra
- What causes numbness in my little toe
- Why am I always impressed by others
- How can I learn stocks and forex
- Pays Mr. Krabs SpongeBob
- How do you help a new employee
- How do I wash acetone meth
- Which occupation has the highest average IQ
- How many Indians in Australia
- Why is inflation so high in India
- Why do racing cars use liquid nitrogen?
- What is bridge membrane
- Why are we arguing