What are the Symptoms of Endometriosis
Classic symptoms of endometriosis are severe menstrual pain or pain in the lower abdomen, which can also occur before menstruation or independently of it. They feel convulsive and can also be accompanied by nausea, diarrhea or vomiting and radiate up to the legs or back. Depending on the location of the endometrial foci, pain can also occur during sexual intercourse, urinating or defecating.
In principle, however, one can also be painless with endometriosis - even if there are large foci of endometriosis. Conversely, it is possible to experience massive pain even with small herds.
There are different theories about how it is possible for the lining of the uterus to settle outside the uterus. It is unclear whether there is a backlog of menstrual blood in the fallopian tubes, hormonal disorders or a hereditary predisposition. The further development of endometriosis is just as unclear as the cause.
The menstrual cycle has the same effect on the endometrial foci as it does on mucous membrane cells within the uterus: They are subject to hormone-controlled changes due to the cycle, a phase of build-up alternates with a phase of breakdown. If the mucous membrane and blood (unlike menstruation) are not inside the uterus, this shed tissue cannot leave the body via the vagina. Instead, it is absorbed by the body. This can be without consequences, but it can also cause existing endometrial foci to enlarge. The remnants of blood and mucous membrane can also lead to adhesions, scars and inflammation. Blood-filled cysts can also form. All of these can cause severe pain.
Even if the endometriosis foci can proliferate and spread to other organs, i.e. behave similarly to cancer cells: Endometriosis is a benign disease.
The endometrial foci very rarely regress without treatment. If there are adhesions and cysts in the area of the fallopian tubes and / or ovaries, their normal function can be affected. The woman's fertility is thereby reduced.
Most women with endometriosis have no more symptoms after the end of the hormonal menstrual cycle - menopause.
- How do you cure a pimple
- I am 24 years old and I can get married
- Who was Miklos Horthy
- Are dollar stores profitable
- Who still buys music in Africa?
- Which Bible verse defines you
- How can I become a biotech scientist?
- Who has a harder life than yours
- Can Asians get skin cancer
- Blockbusters was popular when movies weren't digital
- What is the job of a mechanic
- What are the best schools in Albuquerque
- How does an atheist define love
- Iranians hate Greeks
- What's your favorite victory in civilization
- How does moose taste
- The capital of the country is Sofia
- Is it safe to run CCleaner now
- Where can I find a trustworthy hacker
- What is social capitalism
- Romanians are very emotional
- Which companies offer cloud services
- How Google Pay Rewards Works Internally
- What is the Prophet of Allah
- What is a CMA certification
- When is it better to be misunderstood?
- Why does my water smell like sulfur
- How understandable are Portuguese and Romanian
- What is your favorite food in India
- Which is the best currency exchange
- What are the disadvantages of cashless transactions
- How did you change your job?
- How do I code well
- Why do Koreans eat kimchi with everything