What does the slang word Ivy Eight mean
LOL, ROFL, IMHO: Internet Abbreviations and What They Mean
E-mails, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram: Nobody can escape the abbreviations "lol", "wtf" or "bff". We name the most common abbreviations on the Internet - and explain their meaning.
Internet abbreviations are very useful when things are going fast - for example when chatting on WhatsApp. But even where there is little space for text, every character saved counts. Those who have only 280 characters free for their message, as on Twitter, like to abbreviate "Oh my God" with OMG.
Germans don't find ROFL funny at all
Although they are widely used, Internet abbreviations are different. Surveys show: One of the most unpopular abbreviations is "ROFL", which means "Rolling On the Floor Laughing"stands and translates roughlyRolls over with laughter means. "LOL" is similarly angry with many users: It is the abbreviation for "Laughing out loud ",Laugh out loud in German.
The most commonly used abbreviations in Germany are: "HDL" (I love you), "Thx" (Thanks = Thanks), "LOL", "CU" (see you = see you) and "OMG". The example of "CU" clearly shows that some of the abbreviations do not necessarily come from the letter of the original words, but rather represent the pronunciation of the unabbreviated term.
What the common abbreviations mean:
- ABF stands for "very best friend" (see also BFF)
- AFAIK stands for the sentence "as far as I know", which means" as far as I know "or" as far as I know "in German. Often you see AFAIR, what kind of "as far as I remember"stands, in German" as far as I remember ".
- ASAP is the abbreviation for "as soon as possible". That means" as soon as possible "in German.
- BFF means "best friends forever"
- BTW means "by the way", which translates as" by the way ".
- CU stands for "see you", which means" see you ". In America," see you "is also often pronounced" see ya ", which is why here too CYA is common.
- CUL8R called "see you later": The 8 is pronounced in English with the l and the r to 'later', so see you later
- DAU stands for the "stupidest possible user"and is derived from the term" GAU ", which means" greatest possible accident. "A DAU is someone who has very little knowledge of how to use a computer.
- EOB is the abbreviation for "end of business"and means at the end of the working day.
- EOM means "end of message"(End of message) and is often used when an e-mail only consists of the subject line and has no further content. EOM is then at the end of the subject line.
- FAQ you see it often on websites. It is "frequently asked questions"and announces answers to the most frequently asked questions from users.
- GLG shortens "lovely wishes"from.
- * gig * means "giggle", the English word for giggle
- HDL stands for "I love you". The increase is called HDGDLwhich means "I love you so much".
- IMHO stands for the English "in my humble opinion". It is often used in email and means "in my opinion".
- IRL stands for "in real life", which means" in real life ", that is, refers to the world outside of the Internet.
- KT or KwT stands for "no text"or"no further text"and is written in the subject lines of comments or emails to indicate that you can save yourself having to open the post.
- LG stands for "best regards"as a farewell phrase at the end of emails, VG for "best regards" and Kind regards for "best regards"
- LOL stands for the English words "laughing out loud"and that means" laugh out loud. "So the sender has a lot of fun.
- MMN is the abbreviation of "In my opinion"
- N / A called "not available", so not available.
- OMG stands for "oh my god", which can be translated directly as" oh my god ".
- OT means "off topic": In comments or forums this indicates that the post does not belong to the topic.
- Q&A is the abbreviation for "Question and Answer", in German questions and answers
- RTFM means "read the fucking manual": With the request "read the damn manual" questions are averted that can easily be solved with the help of instructions.
- ROFL stands for the English words "rolling on floor laughing", "Roll laughing on the floor". The German equivalent would be "roll around with laughter". The increase isROFLMAO, what kind of "rolling on floor laughing my ass off"stands and" means "roll over the floor and laugh your ass off".
- SRY simply means "sorry"
- Thx stands for "thanks" ("Thanks")
- TL; DR: shortens "too long, didn't read"off, so too long to read. Sometimes it appears at the end of a text as the author's own summary
- WTF stands for "what the fuck" and is not as vulgar as it sounds: it is used analogously to the German "Was zum Teufel"
- XXX: The triple X is used by friends as an abbreviation for "kiss kiss kiss" in English - but in other contexts it is also used to identify sexual and pornographic content
- XD or xD stands for a smiling face turned by 90 °. The X should show the eyes closed with laughter, while the D stands for the laughing mouth.
- XOXO is a greeting: "O" stands for a hug ("hug"), "X" for a kiss ("kiss").
- 4U symbolizes "for you", which is translated as" for you ".
Note: The text comes from the t-online-de-archive and has been reprocessed.
- When does physical assault become sexual assault?
- How close and warm is your family
- What is a gunsmith
- What were Princess Diana's qualities
- How do Japanese social classes work
- Which topic excites you the most
- Can an Indian adopt a European child
- Are US Treasuries Still Safe?
- Where was the Treaty of Versailles signed
- Has it changed you being a prison guard?
- What does your last name mean
- How often do you achieve something
- How do you think Chinese education 1
- Women hate having periods
- Cats sometimes call boys
- Is it legitimate to sell a car on eBay
- Where does Spotify get music from 1
- Indian spices are readily available in Toronto
- What specific infrastructure investments do you propose
- How do your friends influence eating habits
- How do airlines design their routes?
- Is China or Russia more dangerous
- Has Hollywood ever copied from Kollywood
- Why do bullies give wedgies
- Jesus came after Moses
- What does illiteracy mean to you
- Metoprolol can cause high blood pressure
- Who is the first citizen in the world
- What is pure life keto
- What are some delicious vegetarian curry recipes
- What are KPMG working hours
- Is drums easier to learn than brass
- What licenses are required to start a business?