What does an unemployment interview look like
Employment agency overwhelmed by Corona: the unemployed suffer
Due to the sharp increase in applications for short-time allowance, the Federal Employment Agency is currently confronted with a shortage of resources and personnel - to the chagrin of the unemployed in Germany.
The number of participants in measures is falling
The corona pandemic demands a lot from the German authorities in terms of organization and logistics. Especially the Federal Employment Agency (BA) is groaning these days under the heavy workload. According to information from the Federal Agency, the number of unemployed rose to 2.84 million people during the crisis - an increase of 27 percent compared to the previous year. Nevertheless, the number of participants in labor market policy measures fell by 18 percent compared to September 2019. How can this development be explained?
Corona crisis affects BA
The Federal Employment Agency explains this development ntv.de with the fact that the financial subsidies for further training and other labor market services have decreased considerably. The BA simply has fewer funds at its disposal to provide the services - this also affects the job placement service. Since the beginning of the pandemic, the only "with restrictions" instead of. In addition, there are corona-related contact restrictions that would make normal workflow impossible these days.
The number of applications for short-time allowance increases enormously
But not only the strict infection protection requirements are causing chaos in the BA, the flood of applications also increases the pressure on the authorities. Currently you have to use a "unprecedented flood of applications for short-time work " finished as a spokesman for the BA opposite ntv. Due to the simplified access to short-time work allowance since the beginning of the Corona crisis, many companies with financial difficulties use the compensation benefits for their employees:
„For example, the number of applications for short-time allowance increased 53 times compared to the previous year, and 14 times compared to the crisis year 2009 ", so the BA.
The unemployed are behind
The direct consequence of this development: the unemployed and Hartz IV recipients have to stand behind. It lacks at Recruitment agenciesthat must now be used elsewhere in order to cope with the flood of applications and no longer be able to hold the necessary counseling discussions - especially in times of crisis, active promotion of the labor market should have special priority, says left-wing labor market expert Sabine Zimmermann. It must be ensured that the Federal Employment Agency has enough staff to advise the unemployed and benefit recipients and ultimately also to mediate.
Cover picture: Stokkete / shutterstock.com
- How did you fix a bad relationship
- What is the career growth like at RBI
- Inflation discourages saving
- Why should companies adopt entrepreneurial millennials
- What is EPC in a solar system
- What are the most popular seafood pasta recipes
- What do you want for dinner
- What is the best Char Dham Yatra
- Who is a successful person
- Who were the Denisovans
- What are jobs for CA.
- Eat Loewen Fuechse
- How is the Greek economy doing today
- Are Airbnbs in Thailand respectable
- What are other investments than FD
- Where is debt on a balance sheet
- Is white pizza really pizza
- What was the most successful guerrilla army
- A music career is really difficult
- Where can you dispose of clean dirt
- Should we encourage premarital sex
- How can an Indian settle in Europe
- How do banks affect the economy?
- How can I get rich and powerful