How much does crack cost
health - Report: How much heroin, cocaine or crystal meth cost
Tens of thousands of people in Germany ruin their lives year after year with heroin, cocaine or crystal meth. Many commit crimes to pay for their addiction. But what do the drugs cost anyway? The annual report just published by the German Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drug Addiction (DBDD), the so-called Reitox report, provides detailed information on price developments on the illegal market. The figures show that after years of rising prices, prices have fallen again last year.
According to the latest available data, one gram of heroin on the street in Germany in 2017 cost around 43 euros. The year before it was 48 euros. The price for one gram of cocaine fell by an average of four to 72 euros. The gram price for crack even fell by ten to 73 euros. Crystal meth was also ten euros cheaper. One gram cost around 78 euros. For a tablet of ecstasy, around eight euros still had to be paid. Cannabis became more expensive. The gram price for hashish rose by around one euro to 9.50 euros. The report names the Federal Criminal Police Office as the source for these figures.
The active ingredient content continues to rise
The report does not explain why prices have fallen. It is pointed out, however, that the prices of all illegal drugs have gone up in a ten-year comparison. Heroin, for example, has increased in price by 18 percent since 2008, and the price of hashish has increased by as much as 60 percent. That could be related to growing demand.
Drug business profitable for dealers
The report also shows how profitable the drug business is for dealers - despite slightly falling prices. According to the information, one kilogram of cocaine in 2017 cost around 38,000 euros in “wholesale”. If the retailer sells the substance on the street by the gram, he makes a profit of more than 30,000 euros if the figures given are used. The profit margins are even bigger with the extremely dangerous crystal meth: According to the data, a dealer can make almost 50,000 profit with one kilogram.
The determined degrees of purity are also revealing: After that, the active ingredient content of many drugs increased - which increases the danger. For cocaine, it grew from 74 to 78 percent between 2016 and 2017. A similar trend has also been observed with cannabis. In the case of hashish, the proportion of the active ingredient THC increased from 14 to almost 15 percent. The drug commissioner of the federal government, Marlene Mortler (CSU), had already warned against this trend several times. It strictly rejects the legalization of cannabis along the lines of Canada. "Cannabis can be addictive, is not harmless and hip, but a drug with immense health side effects," she said.
By Timot Szent-Ivanyi / RND
- How much do advanced EMTs earn
- Can family planning pills cause a yeast infection
- What are sad but common situations
- Is Hannukah a compulsory vacation
- Is your age between 15 and 25 years
- Are vegetarians less healthy than meat eaters
- Why do countries have debts
- What is catcalling
- How is life at 30
- Will the day care center harm my 1 year old
- Why is American wealth not taxed?
- Are tater tots healthy to eat
- What is prefabrication construction
- Why is the world unfair 1
- What is the thinnest archaeological find
- What are the best corporate secretarial institutions
- Disciplined children with belts bad parenting
- Which is better MPharm or MS
- What makes a narcissist powerful
- Why do i live
- Who are the richest accountants in the world
- What fruits grow in Australia
- Increases productivity and wages
- What is your best culture