How can I get to know God
Get to know God
You are here: God >> Get to know God
Getting to know God - that should be our most important endeavor
“Knowing God is vital to us. For those who know nothing about God, the world becomes a strange, crazy, painful place and life in it becomes disappointing and uncomfortable. “(Jim Packer).
Get to know God - begin to understand
In the Jewish scriptures we learn that knowing God begins with reverence for God. Yes, "respect for the Lord is the beginning of knowledge." (Proverbs 1,7 NL; Proverbs 9,10; Psalm 19,9; Psalm 33,8; Psalm 111,10 and Ecclesiastes 12:13)
“The fact that God lives in us must not obscure the truth that he is above us, infinitely high above all creation. The awareness that God is transcendent leads us to worship and praise. Without this awareness, worship would be a mere ritual and a formality. In earlier times it was clear to men and women who knew what it meant to live in “reverence for the Lord”: God as the basis of their life is “high and exalted”. However close and personal their fellowship with God was, the fact that God was high and exalted dominated them. How is it that we no longer meet many people of this kind in the Church of our day? ”(Selwyn Hughes)
“The church has given up its former conception of the exalted God and replaced it with a conception of a low, unworthy God who is not worthy of thinking, worshiping people. The church did not do this according to plan, but gradually without realizing it itself, and this ignorance only makes the state of the church even more tragic. "(A.W.Tozer)
- Lord, you are exalted forever. (Psalm 92.9 NL)
Get to know God - seek him with all your heart
Getting to know God means looking for God. God tells us in Scripture: “If you look for me, you will find me; yes, if you sincerely long for me with all your heart, I will let you find me, ´ says the Lord. ”(Jeremiah 29: 13-14 NL)
- God you are my god; I'm looking for you with all my heart. My soul thirsts for you, my whole body longs for you in this arid, dry land where there is no water. (Psalm 63.2 NL)
But the people who are looking for you should be happy and happy. All who love you and trust in your salvation should confess again and again: 'God is great!' (Psalm 70.5 NL)
- And that is the way to eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent into the world. (John 17.3 NL)
Getting to know God - that means getting to know God's love
Understanding God's incredible love is the most important step if you really want to get to know God! The love of God has the power to overcome fear and make us free!
- All who worship the Lord should shout: "His love never ceases!" (Psalm 118: 4 Good News Bible)
The Lord delights in those who fear him, who place their hope in his inexhaustible love. (Psalm 147:11, based on: New International Version)
Share this information with others by clicking one of the buttons below. What does that mean?
- How do you rate positive measures
- Should I have scoliosis surgery?
- Why do toddlers bite
- Would you employ a foreign inexperienced developer
- The world is facing drastic overpopulation
- How's the night life in Lafayette LA
- What are your unusual favorite candle scents?
- What is the healthiest chicken
- What was your biggest accidental racist moment
- Owls have predators
- Why did Moses faint before God?
- Like babies vegans
- Starbucks employees receive free drinks
- What does the Irish look like
- Which year had the most human deaths?
- Hardik Patel is a homosexual
- Which java development company is in singapore
- What is the difference between high and good ph?
- What are some unique app development idea
- Mark Zuckerberg eats pork
- Are the arts important in modern society
- Can London's housing crisis be solved?
- Can a Christian person marry a Muslim
- Did Irish Americans support the IRA
- Henry VIII was the strongest Tudor monarch
- White bread has sugar
- Why are eggs considered vegetarian
- What are the new smart home devices
- Are Spaniards white 1
- Cats worry about their owners
- Should your first romantic relationship fail
- What percentage of American children are out of wedlock?
- What are skeletal muscles