What is important for millennials at work
Why millennials are good workers
"You are rude, impatient and selfish."
This is the opinion of many people when asked about the “younger” generation: the Millennials.
However, it can be said that millennials take more care of themselves. They are not afraid to ask for what they want.
Who are Millennials?
Millennials are the first generation to join the workforce in the new millennium. They become common too Generation Y called. According to the Pew Research Center, all people belong to it between 1981 and 1996 were born.
However, the general idea that many people have of millennials is different. Millennials would:
- Keep taking “selfies”
- Stick to their cell phones
- Share photos of their lunch on social media
They are the generation that nobody understands - or maybe they are the generation that nobody wants to understand.
Traits of millennials
Most people fail to see the potential of millennials. Millennials are just as motivated as the generations before. Maybe they are even that better workforce.
Millennials have an important trait that many older workers lack. Millennials are from Passion and enthusiasm driven. This is a quality closely related to personal happiness. It affects overall work performance and productivity.
EXTRA: Positive Psychology: Guide to Happiness in the Workplace
Infographic: What is important to millennials?
What is important for millennials?- jim & jim (@jimjimarketing) December 1, 2015
Find out more: https://t.co/6iQqe7IZuU#millennials#studie#youthmarkting#jimjimpic.twitter.com/3Pq7XQFzNH
But what do millennials really pay attention to?
- Millennials want to live full lives
- You are not afraid to indulge your passion
- They refuse to accept anything else that they don't believe in
- Projects have to meet the expectations of millennials. This attitude is at the heart of the workplace.
A millennial can't get excited about a job that doesn't interest them. The work should:
- be something they believe in
- something that challenges or inspires them
Otherwise you will encounter resistance. You cannot “buy” their loyalty.
Strategic Intelligence, Department 26, surveyed 1,000 millennials in three American cities about their attitudes towards work. The results showed that the values of millennials differ from those of previous generations.
Millennials want to influence the world.
This is more important to them than providing for their families, which was the most important goal for previous generations. Also, for the first time in over 100 years, young people are prioritizing theirs Enthusiasm for a job before the salary.
The following applies: Millennials want to be wealthy. They want to earn enough to be able to afford the life they imagine. However, they are not ready to perform for this life. Millennials want their money with one meaningful job to earn.
EXTRA: Employee Motivation - A small guide to great commitment
Millennials need to feel like their job is more than just a paycheck. You want one purposeful work. For the older generations, however, it was about getting the job done and getting paid for it. But millennials are about doing the right job and getting paid for it.
This is good news for employers: it's hard to stop a millennial from doing a job that is important to them. Millennials are happy to move on if they believe their job is becoming one greater purpose contributes. They can work longer and harder than anyone if they feel that their work is making a positive impact on the world.
Millennials are tolerant and open
Millennials work incredibly well with almost everyone. You are the generation who are best with People from different cultures can work together.
What is the difference between millennials and previous generations? The main characteristics of millennials are:
- They are not interested in yours Surnames or whether you have attended an elite school
- They don't care where you grew up
- Millennials appreciate Creativity and community more than exclusivity and status
- They work as teamto get the best possible results
- They enjoy working with anyone as long as they can get the job done
But where do these changed values come from?
Millennials started working when the world of work changed dramatically:
- Long-term, hierarchical Full-time jobs decreased
- Short-term, freelance projects came to the fore
- Technological advances enabled global networking at the push of a button
- Even small business owners with small projects were able to contact and hire people from all over the world
- The global networking has connected people of different ethnic backgrounds and belief systems
These changes created an extraordinary change. Millennials are:
- community oriented
Book tip on the topic: Bringing Generations Together
Shaping the world of work with Millennials, Generation X and Baby Boomers
Hardback edition: 314 pages
Released on: December 04, 2018
Price: 39,95 €
Watch it now on Amazon
Adopt new ways of working
Millennials are often underestimated because they are so different from previous generations. It should be noted that this not a new phenomenon is.
In the 1950s and 1960s, older generations considered rock'n'roll a shame. In ancient times, it was believed that women who wore pants should be punished. In 1938 a woman went to prison in Los Angeles for wearing pants in court. The judge thought her outfit distracted everyone from the trial.
These ideas and attitudes sound like:
It should be noted that there would be no change if every generation made the same decisions as the generation before them.
Progress, changing values and transformation are happening. You should Courageously adopt new ways of thinking, living and working.
See what millennials stand for to make collaboration easier:
- Meaningful wealth
- Ultimately positive, world-changing influences
This article was written in English by Ajit Nawalkha and published on November 8, 2018 on www.forbes.com. We have translated it for you so that we can exchange ideas with our readers on relevant topics.
Our free ePaper: Agile leadershipOur ePaper with the best tips on all aspects of employee management: → over 55,000 subscribers → a new issue every quarter → as a PDF conveniently in your mailbox Simply register and be up-to-date from now on! Download the free ePaper
- How do you get rid of powdery mildew
- Why do hamstrings get tight
- Who is the CEO of all companies
- Will Modi lose the 2019 elections
- What is the best dictionary app 1
- How long does the pleasure last
- How is a good student
- Why can't the president influence the economy?
- What is the best way to survive the prison
- How do people become gay and lesbian
- How successful are marriages between swingers
- What are the disadvantages of living alone
- What is Africa's Birth Rate
- Are fraudsters often racist
- How do dating relationships get so complicated
- How do Americans treat their children
- Life can be easy
- Why is life in Monaco so great
- How to Unlock Hidden Instagram Filters
- Why did you start treating people better
- Who can make your life great
- What disgusts you about the 21st century
- What really happened when we were dead
- Do women have sexual feelings about Jesus?
- How do I become an independent man
- Canadians hate Indians
- White women are attracted to Japanese men
- Why is life in Monaco so great
- Are humans technically carnivores or omnivores
- Is it worth it to become an exchange student
- Why don't people love Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- White noise is bad for baby
- Can narcissists control their abusive behavior?
- Why are the arteries emptied after death