Do you agree to great moral values
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
Values and rules
This word comes from the Latin term "moralis" and translates as "relating to morals". Morals are the values and rules that are generally recognized in a society. When one says that someone acted “morally”, it means that he behaved in a way that people think is right and good.
How should one behave?
In everyday life, people keep asking themselves whether they are behaving morally: Am I fair to my fellow human beings? Am I not offending or hurting anyone? And they ask how they can act morally: How can I intervene when I notice that the weaker and defenseless are being bullied? What can I do to make people in poor countries better off? A simple answer to such questions cannot always be found.
There are commandments that prescribe moral behavior, for example: “You should not kill” or “You should not steal!” Without these commandments or laws, living together in a society is not very possible. For Jews and Christians, the "Ten Commandments" name the most important rules that people should observe.
Occasionally the term “morality” is also used to describe a good attitude. If an athlete shows a lot of commitment, one speaks of "fighting morale"; with soldiers you sometimes hear of the “good morale of the troops”.
By the way: A related term is "ethics", which we have also explained here in the lexicon.
FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions
(Frequently Asked Questions - this is the English translation of "frequently asked questions")
your further questions ...
Write us your question
Before asking a question, please read the lexicon article completely. Please see if anyone has already asked the same question. Often you will find the answer to your question there.write us
- Which companies employ Code Academy graduates?
- Why do aircraft carriers have two bridges
- What is a photo on your phone
- What is the Australian crime
- President Trump damages the American economy
- How is Taiwan doing
- Microcredit lending works as well
- Why does England have so many accents
- Who are the famous Indonesian Indians
- How can you retire at 45?
- Who invented the French baguette?
- What is the worst hotel in El Salvador
- Why does Germany have a Chancellor?
- What are the main weaknesses of women
- Why is GDP growth declining
- Can dogs get sick from human disease?
- Can you walk across the London Bridge today?
- Who is your favorite pakistani
- How can language influence communication
- Why should anyone lack common sense
- Think Hispanic Latinos are racist
- Why am I not carrying a wallet?
- What is a framework in programming
- How do I rent out my employees
- Cleaning what is dust
- Is Fortnite for kids
- What is the fee structure of iihm
- Killed Kenny G the saxophone
- What is the salary of the A320 pilot
- What jobs are best
- What are your goals before the end of 2018
- What problems can tight underwear cause?
- What is Moses for people
- Vacuum malicious narcissists after discarding them