Why does the therapy work
How effective are psychotherapies?
Clarke K, Mayo-Wilson E, Kenny J, Pilling S. Can non-pharmacological interventions prevent relapse in adults who have recovered from depression? A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Clin Psychol Rev 2015; 39: 58-70.
Cuijpers P, Berking M, Andersson G, Quigley L, Kleiboer A, Dobson KS. A meta-analysis of cognitive-behavioral therapy for adult depression, alone and in comparison with other treatments. Can J Psychiatry 2013; 58 (7): 376-385.
German Society for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Neurology (DGPPN). S3 guideline and national care guideline (NVL): Unipolar depression. AWMF register no .: nvl-005. 03.2017.
Farah WH, Alsawas M, Mainou M, Alahdab F, Farah MH, Ahmed AT et al. Non-pharmacological treatment of depression: a systematic review and evidence map. Evid Based Med 2016; 21 (6): 214-221.
Gartlehner G, Gaynes BN, Amick HR, Asher G, Morgan LC, Coker-Schwimmer E et al. Nonpharmacological Versus Pharmacological Treatments for Adult Patients With Major Depressive Disorder. 12.2015. (Comparative Effectiveness Reviews; Volume 161).
Ijaz S, Davies P, Williams CJ, Kessler D, Lewis G, Wiles N. Psychological therapies for treatment-resistant depression in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2018; (5): CD010558.
Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG). Systemic therapy in adults as a psychotherapy procedure: final report; Order N14-02. May 24, 2017. (IQWiG reports; Volume 513).
Karyotaki E, Smit Y, Cuijpers P, Debauche M, Keyser T, Habraken H et al. The long-term efficacy of psychotherapy, alone or in combination with antidepressants, in the treatment of adult major depression. October 02, 2014. (KCE Reports Good Clinical Practice; Volume 230).
Linde K, Sigterman K, Kriston L, Rücker G, Jamil S, Meissner K et al. Effectiveness of psychological treatments for depressive disorders in primary care: systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Fam Med 2015; 13 (1): 56-68.
IQWiG health information is intended to help understand the advantages and disadvantages of important treatment options and health care offers.
Whether one of the options we have described actually makes sense in individual cases can be clarified in a conversation with a doctor. Gesundheitsinformation.de can support the discussion with doctors and other experts, but not replace it. We do not offer individual advice.
Our information is based on the results of high quality studies. They are created by a team of authors from medicine, science and the editorial team and reviewed by experts outside of IQWiG. We describe in detail in our methods how we develop our texts and keep them up to date.
- What did you never think about life
- What is aristocracy next to a title
- What documents are required for the brand
- Have billionaires mortgages
- Introverts don't like
- How much of a difference can a billionaire make
- When can a company start its business activity?
- Is NASA jealous of ISRO
- Would make your life an interesting book
- What are the most basic abdominal exercises
- Do Syrian refugees look white
- Why are old people strict?
- Do dentists fear to visit the dentist
- How safe is Italy
- How can forensics help solve crimes?
- What are some words that you have completely misunderstood
- Why is a typhoon dangerous
- Which company has the lowest overhead costs
- Why are people so weird about feet
- Why do different people like different colors
- Destroyed Microsoft Nokia
- How strict is your school uniform
- What companies are looking for for freshmen
- What are the best management schools in Singapore