How do you say mean in Russian
How do you say “Bauhaus” in Russian?
The answer is "WChUTEMAS". Behind this abbreviation are the words Vysšie hudožestvenno-tehničeskie masterskie, in German "Higher artistic-technical workshops". The art college in Moscow in the 1920s combined the architectural and design avant-garde of the Soviet Union and is often referred to as the “Russian Bauhaus”. The exhibition “WChUTEMAS. A Russian laboratory of modernity. Architectural drafts 1920-1930 ”on display.
The exhibition was developed by the State Ščusev Museum of Architecture in Moscow. It shows sketches, drawings and models by both the students and the teachers at the art school. Among them are important representatives of Soviet modernism such as El Lissickij, Aleksandr Rodčenko, Moisej Ginsburg, or Aleksandr Vesnin. The exhibits show the trench warfare of Soviet architecture in search of a new architectural expression for the young USSR. Radical constructivists are represented here as well as the “academics” who are oriented towards traditional architecture. A catalog with contributions by Irina Tschepkunowa and Barbara Kreis has been published to accompany the exhibition. (jr, 1/20/15)
- How to convert to Wicca
- What was your biggest accidental racist moment
- Is mining dangerous
- How can I crack the SOF Olympics
- Do we know what helicopters looked like
- Are Korean films superior to Hollywood films?
- What's next after civil engineering
- Which MBTI personalities love INFPs
- Is technology responsible for unemployment in India?
- Is pain synonymous with suffering
- Losing weight will reduce acne
- What is the first meal that man cooked
- What is the opposite of mansplaining
- What is your definition of risk
- How can we find international buyers
- How did you stop eating bread
- Could you manipulate a psychopath
- What are the characteristics of the Native American people
- Which employees left Quora in 2012
- Which woman can I marry
- How did you change your job?
- What is PDO in Laravel
- Accepts Grant Thornton transfer case
- Why do some foods cause diarrhea