What is madness about Morgellons disease
The Morgellons disease is a likely mental illness that is considered a variant of the dermatozoal madness.
The exact etiology of the disease is unclear. Most likely it is a dermatosis misinterpreted by the patient due to psychological factors. The previously accepted thesis that it could be an infection with bacteria, mycobacteria or fungi has not yet been confirmed. In a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 115 patients were examined in whom no parasites or mycobacteria could be detected. In some cases cellulose fibers could be detected microscopically, which probably originate from cotton fabrics. The role of fibers in this clinical picture is so far unclear. Women are affected more often than men.
Those affected are firmly convinced that colored fibers are embedded in the skin or subcutaneous tissue. Other symptoms:
4.1 Internal therapy
With the administration of antipsychotics such as pimozide, risperidone, olanzapine or aripiprazole, successful treatment could be achieved. The itching can be tried with levocetirizine p.o. or Ebastinp.o. be treated.
4.2 Local therapy
Scratch marks should be treated with antiseptic creams (e.g. triclosan cream) to prevent possible skin infections.
- When did you realize that you loved someone?
- Why is life so priceless
- Is MS Dhoni faster than Usain Bolt
- What is your greatest knowledge about life
- Why do babies cry
- What should the federal minimum wage be?
- How do you stop catastrophic thinking
- It's worse to be ignored than being friends
- Does the oven light affect cooking
- Is pork bad to eat
- Can a person eat too much cheese?
- Why are you not a billionaire
- How did your childhood affect your life?
- How do I impress a Romanian girl
- Mesut Ozil is Kurdish
- Is BDS more difficult than MBBS
- Breakfast burritos are healthy
- What are the names of foreign banks
- Which European country grows the best fruits
- What do babies do in heaven
- How can we avoid crawling
- What is the future of Generation Z.
- How can I trade daily stocks
- How is life with HIM Pusa