Use 2019 flash drives
How to use a USB flash drive with your iPhone
If you need more space on your iPhone, the easiest way to change this is to use a dedicated flash drive with a lightning connector on one end and a USB port on the other. You're using an app designed for that drive to actually manage files.
Unfortunately, there isn't really a single way to do this by managing flash drives on iOS. Each brand of flash drive has its own file management app. It's pretty frustrating. Of course, we can't show you how to use every app on every drive. What we can do is give you an idea of how the process works.
The different apps and drives also share some of the same limitations. For example, transfers appear to be limited to photos, videos, and audio files. There doesn't seem to be a way to move other types of files no matter what drive or app you're using.
For this guide, we'll be using an Amazon Omars flash drive ($ 43). This seems like one of the most popular options. So if you haven't bought yet and are doing preventative research, this is a great choice. Plus, you have the added benefit of being able to follow this guide.
Okay, with that out of the way, here's the skinny one.
First step: get your app
The first thing you need to do is download the app for your flash drive. In our case, the app for the Omars is called Witstick.
If you're not sure which app your flash drive is using, there are a couple of options. First, check the manufacturer's documentation. If that doesn't help, you can connect the drive to the phone and to the phone can You will be asked to get the compatible app from the App Store. However, this cannot be confirmed for all models.
Once you've figured out which app you need and installed, you're good to go.
Step 2: Connect your flash drive and launch the app
With the appropriate app installed, connect your flash drive if you haven't already. If the app isn't running, you should be prompted to start it now. Do that.
This is where things start to change if you don't use the Omares drive. As mentioned earlier, if you're using a different drive with a different app, the techniques should be about the same.
The Witstick app has a pretty clean and clear layout. Above you can clearly see how much space is used on your phone and on the drive.
Below that are a handful of different transfer options, including multimedia options, file management, file transfer, and one-touch backup. Here's a quick look at each one:
- multimedia: This only starts the camera to take pictures, and records photos and videos directly to the drive.
- Document management: Manage files on the stick and move files from the phone to the stick. And vice versa.
- File transfer: Almost like file management, but only for images.
- One Touch Backup: Back up all pictures, videos and / or audio files with a single tap. Also has an option to do this automatically when you plug in the drive.
Of these options, the one you will likely end up with, the most commonly used is file management. The layout here is very similar to what you'd expect from a file management tool. The default layout - the WitStick option - shows what's on the drive. The other options are below: Photo Album, Music, and Local. The Local option is only used to move data from the drive back to the phone.
To move things back and forth, just use the "Select" button at the top, then tap on all of the items you want to move.
Tap the Move button at the bottom, then select the location you want to move the items to. Finally, tap the “Insert” button to start the move process.
If you move pictures or videos from your phone to the stick, you will also be asked if you want to delete these items from the phone after the transfer.
Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to do this by providing a general, unified guide for using a flash drive with iOS. Hopefully this guide explains at least a little what to expect from the experience.
- What are some similarities between Synoptic Gospels
- PPC Marketers Should Know About SEO
- What is a computer type of computers
- Everything is made in China
- Some mistakes are unforgivable
- What is the sweetest dish
- Is religion or science preferable
- Why is actor Rowan Atkinson anti-religion
- Can you be born a vegetarian
- Like Naukri com is a paid service
- What is stale gasoline
- Does the white Caucasian race really exist?
- How does an AUX line work
- What's your favorite anime opening
- Whiteness floss white
- What does this flag mean or symbolize
- What screams in Thai
- Are the cops in America respected
- Which is correct detail or details
- Should a child use a smartphone
- How do I save money on water
- What skin color do Northern Europeans have
- What social apps are popular in Japan
- Who was Reinhard Dohl