Will Gran Colombia ever exist again?
Asset accumulation made easy: Just 3,000 euros are enough
Safe investments and high returns are not a contradiction in terms. Even with a small start-up capital, this method can help lay the foundation for a carefree and financially independent life. Anyone can take part in the free test, no previous knowledge is required. More »
powered by finative
However, some attendees at the interest rate meeting also noted that it will likely be some time before the economy will make significant progress towards full employment, as the minutes say.
According to the chief economist of the analysis house Pantheon Macroeconomics, Ian Shepherdson, it is not surprising that some Fed members were in favor of an adjustment of the bond purchases at one of the upcoming meetings. After all, in March, four members of the Monetary Policy Council had already expected the key interest rate to rise in the coming year in the latest interest rate forecast.
For Paul Ashworth, chief US economist at Capital Economics, however, the minutes show that some Fed members are beginning to worry about price developments. The upward pressure of inflation could therefore possibly last longer than expected.
In April, the inflation rate in the US rose surprisingly sharply to 4.2 percent. In recent days, US central bankers had made it clear in statements that the rise in inflation was only temporary and that a quick change in monetary policy was not to be expected.
At its meeting in April, the US Federal Reserve confirmed its extremely loose monetary policy. The key interest rate was not touched and left in a range of 0 to 0.25 percent. The asset purchases and loan programs continued unreservedly.
According to the Fed's statements, the US dollar was able to gain. In return, the euro fell to a daily low of 1.2160 dollars (dollar exchange rate). Before the Fed minutes were released, the euro was half a cent higher at $ 1.2210. Yields rose in the US government bond market. In the ten-year term, the return rose by 0.05 percentage points to 1.68 percent. The US stock market widened its losses slightly./jkr/he
- Is the gospel of prosperity part of the Bible?
- What made English the lingua franca
- What creepy things are around you
- Sikhs are allowed to eat beef
- Why do Cuban women look so gorgeous
- What are the healthiest food combinations
- Which animal has pink sweat?
- Why do rich people have servants?
- Can someone who changes ego take control?
- Why should I never visit Cairo
- What values do most of the French share?
- What do you expect from a relationship
- Are the real Jews black Africans
- How liberal is Sacramento
- What do you know about Egypt 2
- Is Siliguri a safe place to live
- What were Gaijin during Imperial Japan
- Why can't I feel anything
- What is business consulting?
- Why do Americans eat so much meat
- Are SEBI employees insured under CGHS
- Where do Chinese girls live
- Is dating necessary
- Which headphones are better JBL or Skullcandy