Can I exercise after acupuncture treatment?
Frequently asked questions about acupuncture
Small needles, big impact
You can find the most important information about acupuncture here. If you have further questions, you can contact us at any time.
How does acupuncture work?Acupuncture works through the nervous system. When the needle is set, a small prick stimulus is triggered, which is transmitted via the peripheral nervous system to the spinal cord and the brain.
This releases various hormones and neurotransmitters (e.g. endorphins). The body becomes calm and relaxed. The placement of the needles also increases blood flow, relaxes the muscles and relieves pain.
During the placement of the needles, inner calm and relaxation spreads in the body. This effect persists even after acupuncture.
How does acupuncture feel?In classic acupuncture, the finest needles are stuck into the skin. The needle tips are very thin (0.2-0.6 mm) so that there is no painful stimulus.
Only the puncture is easily audible, its intensity differs from patient to patient, immediately afterwards body and mind relax.
Laser acupuncture can be used for pain-sensitive patients as well as for children. With this all forms of treatment of classical acupuncture are possible.
How long does an acupuncture session last?Typically, acupuncture needles are left in the body for twenty to thirty minutes, after which they are removed. The acupuncture session is repeated as needed.
With laser acupuncture, the acupuncture points are also treated for between twenty and thirty minutes.
With permanent acupuncture, the acupuncture needles are not removed, but are masked with a small plaster and left in the body for about a week. This allows the gradually increasing effect of the needles to be fully expanded.
When is acupuncture effective?Acupuncture promises significant improvements, especially for chronic complaints. In addition, there is a wealth of possible applications in the acute area.
During your initial consultation, one of our experts will discuss the therapy options that are suitable for you and create your therapy plan in the interdisciplinary TRINICUM team.
The advantage of acupuncture over other medical procedures is the local effect in combination with holistic effects. How does acupuncture help?
→ Learn more
Make your appointment
We can be reached by phone Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday until 3:00 p.m. on +43 1 907 60 30 and at any time using the following contact form.
Chinese herbal medicine
[ More... ]
Tuina and body therapy
[ More... ]
- What's the worst about Florida
- How can I manage my finances
- Why is the US still executing people
- Drink New Zealanders anchor milk
- Why did monks have hair with almonds?
- How do I brake my Asperger s
- Can distant relationships be permanent?
- What race do Pakistanis belong to
- Why do you like online shopping
- What is aristocracy 1
- What's so great about Ariana Grande
- It's fun to solve math and discover formulas
- Is there anything you have learned from birds
- What is the height of Indian hypocrisy
- How can I practice safe incest sex
- Why should I choose an apprenticeship in the hospitality industry?
- How is the job of the HR department
- What sucks about being honest
- What are private investigators asking for?
- What's your rating of Wildcraft
- Why are gas stations separated from parking spaces
- Does it bother you to ride a bike in a typhoon?
- What is price inflation
- Education is more important than family